Arcade in a different directory from forum

RJordan

Cadet
I would like to see the ability to have the arcade (meaning all files) able to be in a different directory from the forum, including the main arcade reference file (arcade.php in other systems). This can be handy when you want to run multiple arcade types. I had suggested this for v3 a while back, however it was not really looked into I don't believe.

As a bonus, it would be handy to have this as a configurable location...

I would like to see the ability to have the arcade (meaning all files) able to be in a different directory from the forum, including the main arcade reference file (arcade.php in other systems). This can be handy when you want to run multiple arcade types. I had suggested this for v3 a while back, however it was not really looked into I don't believe.

As a bonus, it would be handy to have this as a configurable location...
If you had suggested this for v3A, then you likely got the answer at the time that it isn't that easy because it is the ActionScript code in the SWF files that is driving what you are calling the "main arcade reference" file, not the code that is displaying the SWF.

IPB games are hard-coded to post their scores back to "index.php" while v3A games post back to "arcade.php" -- If those files aren't present, or at least some mechanism for intercepting calls to them, then your scores won't be getting saved. Mochi games, at least, are configurable via some js to point back to whatever file is wanted (for v3A we chose arcade.php since that file is always going to be present and is easier than having to deal with the index.php issues that the vB CMS & 3rd party portals presented).

This is true and you are correct for the answer at the time if I recall. I was thinking that maybe ther be a "hand-off" that can be done via the index.php (or one created to handle the hand-off of one does not exist in XF) to accomodate ibPro games and the same for arcade.php to handle the request properly for v3...

I know some thought needs to be put into how it would work. Just would be nice is all. :smiley:

Back