Come as you are

funny how Irina persuaded Jack not to punish Lauren...
If they were only kissing, i don't understand what the problem is...
granted no parent wants to see their 17 year old child kissing, but hey that's what teenagers do...
Thanks for the pm.

Is it wrong that I wanted Sydney to be caught too? I mean, Lauren wasn't doing anything that she wasn't (besides cheating on her boyfriend :P) and yet Lauren was the one who got into trouble. Granted, she is always getting into trouble while Sydney isn't but I'd like to see Jack's reaction if it were indeed his slightly older, almost perfect daughter!

Come as you are

CHAPTER 7

Sydney was half listening to Mr. Lindsay talking about the human DNA during the mornings first lesson. Although she liked biology and needed it to get into medical school, Robert Lindsay was not her favorite teacher by any stretch. He was an annoying, nasty, balding man in this fifties who liked to leer at the female students, especially her sister, Nadia and Rachel. Also he happened to wholeheartedly dislike Sydney, Vaughn and Weiss and enjoyed tormenting the trio at every possible opportunity.

Sydney had to admit to herself that she had been really disappointed to hear that Lauren got away scot free. Why was she always able to worm her way out of trouble? She knew for sure that if instead of Lauren, she had been caught kissing a guy in the pool, she would have been grounded before she could say oops. Life wasn’t fair sometimes. Her parents expected her to be always the perfect, good daughter who got good grades, didn’t party that much and was going to be a doctor while Lauren could do just what ever she wanted with no expectations at all.

Sydney glanced to the second row where Lauren was sitting, dressed in her cheerleader uniform, with a fake interested look on her face. She knew for a fact that Lauren couldn’t distinguish the difference between human DNA and animal DNA, but still Mr. Lindsay was treating her like the second coming of Charles Darwin, hanging on to every word she said.

“Isn’t it sad that Mr. voice-like-nails-on-the-chalkboard would jump from a high building if your sister asked him to?” Eric commented from behind Sydney, without trying much to disguise his deep disgust of the biology teacher. “Just too bad that all that bleach your sister uses has seeped to her brain and she doesn’t ask him to actually jump from the roof of the school!” Eric added with a laugh and nudging Sydney’s back with his hand.

Despite herself, Sydney giggled at that and couldn’t help but to agree with Eric to some degree. Going to school would be a lot more pleasant if Mr. Lindsay would not be around. She was just about to admonish Eric about his comment on Lauren, but was interrupted by Mr. Lindsay.

“Miss Sydney Bristow, care to tell the whole class what is so funny that it keeps you from concentrating on biology?” Mr. Lindsay said in a sharp tone from behind his desk. His eyes were directed to Sydney’s and they had a malicious glint in them that meant trouble.

“It was nothing sir, I just remembered something funny that happened yesterday and sorry if it disrupted the lesson,” Sydney said in a dutiful voice while hoping on the inside that she could tell Lindsay exactly where he could shove his lessons.

“Don’t be cute with me Miss Bristow. That attitude is not attractive in a young lady. As a valuable attitude exercise, I want you to write a 2,500 word essay about DNA methylation. And against popular belief, I am not unreasonable; so you have the weekend to write it. I want it on my desk the first thing on Monday morning if you wish to pass my class.” Mr. Lindsay said while a small smile curled to his lips.

Sydney fumed at the unfairness of this situation. She hadn’t done anything, but knowing Lindsay, he would have punished her for breathing too loud if nothing else would have happened. She also noticed that Nadia was having a blast, laughing with the school’s resident cow, Rachel. Those two could grow up, she thought as Nadia had turned in her seat in the first row to gloat even more.

Sydney ignored the two, they weren’t worth her time. The final minutes of biology went a lot smoother as Lindsay had succeeded in getting Sydney for something. As the bell ringed and signaled the end of biology, Sydney and Michael exited as soon as possible, not wanting to stick around and get punished for walking too slowly or something to that effect.

“I hate that creepy little bastard. It’s not fair that you have to spend your week-end doing a biology essay,” Eric complained and was also making hand gestures that Sydney found both amusing and sweet. She really liked that Eric always sided with her no matter what, aside from Michael and Francie, he was her best friend.

“Yeah, Lindsay is on one huge power trip. I don’t get why he still gets to teach here.” Michael chimed in and wrapped his arms around Sydney.

Next the threesome would head to one of the schools tennis courts to play doubles tennis. Michael and Eric could get a gym credit from it and Sydney, as the captain of the tennis team, needed to practice at least three times a week. She would be teaming up with Eric to take on the team of Francie and Michael. The teams were quite equal; Sydney was excellent and Eric awful while Francie was pretty decent and Michael good , so it made for one interesting match.

Sydney had purposefully dressed in her shortest tennis skirt, in an effort to distract Michael enough to compensate for Eric’s lack of skill on the court. Her blue and white ensemble was completed by white tennis shoes and blue wristbands.

Michael wore all white and Francie was clad in yellow. Eric on the other hand was channeling John McEnroe from the late 80’s early 90’s by wearing white and red and a quite unflattering headband.

“Okay, is the loser-team ready?” Eric teased boldly while joining Sydney in their side of the court and then proceeded to stretch in an show-off kind of way. Sydney was laughing at her partners choice of attire and choice of movements and found it difficult to concentrate on practicing her serve.

“Do you wanna start the match?” Sydney asked Francie who also found it hard to concentrate as Eric had moved to acting like a male cheerleader, mimicking the actions of Nadia in the Rambaldi Raven’s signature move set. He actually nailed both Nadia’s attitude and most of the moves and his friends had no other choice but to watch and laugh.

“I think you can start,” Francie replied few minutes later, as Eric seemed to be out of breath and had moved the bench near the court to drink water.

Sydney called Eric to the court in a simple hand gesture and as soon as he had joined her, she proceeded to start the match with four consecutive aces and won the first game for her team in less than a minute.

Michael knew that his team was going to be massacred by Sydney in a humiliating way. Michael himself was a good player, but could not match his girlfriends killer serve and a forehand that put Steffi Graf’s to shame. He didn’t mind losing to her, but losing to Eric was another thing. He knew he could never hear the end of it from Weiss

--

Did you hear that Lauren was making out with that new student last night? That really hot British guy,” Nadia whispered to the ear of Rachel who was sitting next to her in class. Their group had split when Lauren, Noah and Kelly had headed European culture and history after biology while Nadia, Thomas and Rachel were currently in the Spanish class that also included Marshall and Carrie who were sitting side by side a couple of rows behind the girls.

“No way. Why didn‘t I hear this sooner?” Rachel asked enthusiastically. Nothing the Spanish teacher could tell wouldn’t be nearly as interesting as the newest development in the soap opera called Lauren Bristow’s life. She was always in trouble or having a world class break up with Thomas and that made interesting gossip fodder for her.

“I heard this from Lauren herself. She and that Julian guy were going at it at the pool when her dad showed up,” Nadia said in smirking tone. Although Lauren was her best friend, she saw nothing wrong with telling this story to a friend of theirs. Not like Lauren had told her she couldn’t repeat this to anyone…

“Ooh, I can just imagine the look on the face of Mr. Bristow. By the way, I’m going to ask him today for that after school job,” Rachel mentioned nonchalantly and kept her eyes in the blackboard where the teacher was currently writing about verbs or something like that.

“Why would you wanna go to work?” Nadia asked in a disapproving tone. She had never worked a day in her life and most likely wouldn’t if she didn’t want to. As an only child of Arvin Sloane, a man who had an estimated 300 million dollar fortune, she had used to flashing her golden American Express card in the most expensive shops on Melrose and hopping on a private plane to go shopping for a day in Milan or Paris.

“Well, I wanna get contacts I can use in the future. Plus I think Jack is totally hot and I wouldn’t mind spending some alone time with him, if you know what I mean.” Rachel added with a wink. She had always thought that Lauren’s dad was quite the catch and would love an opportunity to get to his ‘casting couch’.

“Ewww, he’s like forty plus he’s Lauren’s dad. I so don’t want that image in my head,” Nadia said with a gag and looked at Rachel as if she was a retard.

--

Lauren was having more fun than usual in European culture and history, as they had ditched the books and instead were getting a dance lesson and learning the baroque era French social dance of minuet. Lauren liked dancing a lot, she had danced ballet and jazz since she was 10 years old.

She had been partnered with Will, who was a surprisingly good dancer and had yet to step on her toes. She was a little disappointed that Julian had been partnered with Kelly Peyton instead of her and she felt a tingle of jealousy, but managed to hide it almost perfectly by concentrating on laughing at Will’s jokes and flirting with him a little too openly.

“Lauren, you are an amazing dancer,” Will complemented as he pulled her closer to him. He couldn’t believe his luck that it was actually Lauren who was in his arms swaying to the music. He had been hopelessly in love with her for a long time now and never seemed to have a chance with her. Although his brain told him to move on to someone who felt something for him in return, he never managed to get over the blonde haired, blue eyed Bristow girl.

“Thanks Will, you’re not half bad yourself,” Lauren replied laughing and quickly glanced in Julian’s direction to see if he noticed how much fun she was having.

Julian had indeed noticed how she was clinging to her dance partner a little too much for his likening. That guy better not try anything, thought Julian with jealousy that felt quite strange since Lauren was not his girlfriend or anything. She was still technically the quarterback’s girl, but not much longer if he had anything to say about it.

“Okay class, you’re doing very good. I want you to change partners so you get the feel of minuet with a different person,” Mrs. Renée Rienne said while shutting the CD player for a minute to get her voice heard through the classroom that now had temporary been converted into a dance hall.

Julian seized his opportunity and steered his partner near where Lauren was currently dancing. He said a quick thanks to Kelly before tapping Will on the back and taking Lauren into his arms before the obviously dismayed Will could protest.

--

Rachel had been dying to tell Thomas about the kiss between Lauren and Julian ever since learning about it from Nadia. As the Spanish lesson ended, Rachel quickly approached Thomas and told him everything she had heard. She could tell, that the next time Thomas came in contact with Julian, he would punch his lights out. As the tall quarterback made his way through the school in search of his girlfriend, Rachel tagged along. There was no way she was going to miss that fight between the two boys. It didn’t take long before Thomas found his girlfriend chatting with Julian near the cafeteria and they seemed to be having a good laugh about something.

“What the hell is going on between you and this loser. You’re my girlfriend and still you’re whoring around with some new guy. I never believed you for a little slut,” Thomas said harshly while grapping Lauren’s arm and squeezing it tightly.

“Let go off her right now,” Julian warned in a dangerous tone and inched closer to the taller man with a furious look in his blue eyes. Lauren was squirming and trying to get away from Thomas, but couldn’t since he was much bigger and stronger than her.

Thomas released Lauren’s arm and he started nearing Julian. Before he could do any harm on the other man, he was the recipient of a powerful slap across the face courtesy of Lauren. No man called her a slut and got away with it. At that moment she decided that her relationship with Thomas was over once and all.

“You and me are over. I don’t love you or need you. No one treats me like you do. You think you’re gods gift to the world, but guess again. I never wanna see you again, you pathetic loser. Let’s go Julian,” Lauren asked with a fire burning in her eyes and took Julian by the hand and entered the cafeteria without acknowledging that most people in the area were staring at her in shock, including Sydney who had just minutes before entered the cafeteria with her friends.

“Babe, I didn’t mean it that way, come back,” Thomas said with a pleading tone which was met by a finger gesture from Lauren that is known worldwide.

“Dude, I haven‘t seen you dumped that badly since ever,” Noah said with laugh, but wiped the look from his face when his friend threw a murderous glance in his direction before entering the cafeteria with the intention to talk Lauren out of her decision.

Lauren lead the arrogant looking Julian to the table where Sydney, Michael, Francie and Eric were sitting. She didn’t want to go to the popular table since Thomas would undoubtedly follow her there. Like nothing had ever happened, she left her stuff on a chair next to her sisters before going to get some lunch.

“Wow, your sister really dumped Tom like a bad habit,” Michael said to Sydney as they both were watching Lauren picking up a salad and a bottle of water followed by Julian, who took a burger instead of the healthy food chosen by Lauren.

“Finally, he’s a jackass who always treated her like felgercarb anyway.” Sydney said in a happy voice and kissed Michael on the cheek. Now things were definitely improved, not only had Lauren dumped Tom, but she was also sharing the same table at lunch for the first time in years at the school grounds.

Lunch went perfectly in Sydney’s mind, not only was Lauren in a happy mood and smiling at everyone, but also Michael was in his best behavior and it looked to her that finally her sister and boyfriend would get along.

--

After they finished eating, the group of friends made their way to the drama class tough by Ms. Cummings. Both Bristow girls enjoyed these lessons, but for different reasons, Lauren liked them because she wanted to act and perform while Sydney liked to direct and was very good at it.

They were meant to start practicing the latest musical the group would perform for the school in a few months. Ms. Cummings had chosen Grease as the musical they would be doing this year. Just like in the last years rendition of Moulin Rouge, Lauren would be playing the lead female role of Sandy while Julian had gotten the role of Danny right under Michael’s nose, who usually was the leading man in school drama plays. He had to settle to playing Kenickie instead. The role of Rizzo had went to Rachel who looked more pleased with herself than usual.

Lauren had secretly loved Grease since she had seen it for the first time over 13 years ago. She knew all the songs and most of the dialogue, so this role wasn’t going to be a problem. Sydney had gotten the directing job just like last year and wanted to make this musical the best one the school had ever seen.

As Ms. Cummings passed the scripts to everyone and handed the notes of the songs to the main four actors, Sydney took charge and started giving directions to the cast who were studying the scrip.

“Lauren, I want you and Julian in the center of the stage and let’s take a short sequence of ‘You’re the one I want’,” Sydney said and nodded to a redheaded senior girl who was sitting behind the piano.

Lauren and Julian complied and took their position in the center of a large wooden stage.

--

Lauren actually hadn’t minded being bossed by Sydney as she got to sing and dance while hanging out with Julian. Like her, he also knew the lyrics and was quite the singer in her opinion. She was although a little disappointed that Sydney had not wanted to rehearse the kissing scene in the end today.

Michael had been sulking a little during practice, but had read his lines without much difficulty. He had been glaring at Ms. Cummings when he wasn’t needed on stage. Sydney had every intention to cheer him up the lesson ended. She was quite pleased that Michael was not going to be kissing her sister in the play and couldn’t make herself be all that sad that he didn’t get the male lead.

“I don’t get why I wasn’t chosen to play Danny? You know I stole the show last year as Christian. Julian must have tricked Ms. Cummings in some way,” Michael went on as the two hour practice ended and the twosome were making the way to his car. Lauren had decided to stay at the school until the football game started and Julian had a meeting with the guidance counselor.

“You can still steal the show as Kenickie, keep a positive attitude. Besides it takes more talent to make a supporting role the most interesting on stage,” Sydney said in a reassuring tone while taking his hand into hers. As soon as they had entered Michael’s car, they started a heated lip lock that wiped away any unhappiness Michael had about the musical.

To be continued

Next chapter: Lots of fun stuff…:smiley: ;)

Wow am i glad that i didnt ever have a teacher like that...altho i came close once with one of my science teachers..thanks for the pm...great chapter...cant wait for the next one!!!!!!!

Ooh i just loved the way Tom and Lauren broke up! :lol:
im so glad Julian and Lauren are now really a couple!
and that dancing scence was was fantastic! :D

“You can still steal the show as Kenickie, keep a positive attitude. Besides it takes more talent to make a supporting role the most interesting on stage,” Sydney said in a reassuring tone while taking his hand into hers. As soon as they had entered Michael’s car, they started a heated lip lock that wiped away any unhappiness Michael had about the musical.
so all he has to do is sulk and he gets something a whole lot better

Rachel is the worst kind there is. Someone should warn Jack about her.

Sydney had to admit to herself that she had been really disappointed to hear that Lauren got away scot free. Why was she always able to worm her way out of trouble? She knew for sure that if instead of Lauren, she had been caught kissing a guy in the pool, she would have been grounded before she could say oops. Life wasn’t fair sometimes. Her parents expected her to be always the perfect, good daughter who got good grades, didn’t party that much and was going to be a doctor while Lauren could do just what ever she wanted with no expectations at all.
Well, this does make sense. And Sydney's right, it's unfair. Still, it would be fun if she the one being caught. Maybe that way they would treat her like a normal girl in future situations.

I loved that Sydney is going to direct and Lauren to star. Seems really appropriate.
Michael should just get over it. :P

it probaly is a good thing that vaughn won't be kissing lauren
im glad that lauren/vaughn are getting along now :smiley:
great chapter
thanks for the pm!
-laura

Come as you are

CHAPTER 8

Lauren and Julian were sitting in one of the couches located in the library and were enjoying each others company. Neither had yet to brought up the topic of becoming an official couple. Julian had wanted to make it official, but didn’t want to push as she had ditched Thomas only a couple of hours ago.

“Julian, thanks for sticking up for me today. Thomas was being such an ass and I wouldn’t have blamed you if you didn’t want anything to do with that situation.” Lauren said genuinely while giving him an impromptu hug, that came as a surprise for him.

“Like hell I was going to let that Neanderthal put his hands on you. Besides it takes two to kiss, like we did. It wasn’t only you,” Julian said with a slight tease and took her face gently in his hands and planted a passionate kiss on her lips. She responded to the kiss and not long after, they were entwined in a heated make-out session which thankfully none of the teachers of the school witnessed.

“Look here, isn’t the slut of the century and the limey dork going at it. I never knew you were so easy. You just give it up for anyone,” Thomas said bitterly as he had arrived to the library with couple of the other footballers and Rachel.

“Tom, honey, what are you doing in a library? I wasn’t aware that you could actually read. I always thought you just looked at the pictures and guessed the rest,” Lauren responded without flinching as she stopped kissing Julian for a second. If Thomas thought she was going to grovel in front of him, he was going to have the shock of his life.

“You’re such a bitch, you know that. Good luck limey, with her you’re gonna need it. Lauren, babes, you will be one you’re knees begging to get back together very soon. Homecoming is a week away and like you’re gonna get the crown by whoring with this nobody.” Thomas said and laughed at his own joke, as if it had been the funniest thing he had ever heard.

“Good for you Tom, you have finally moved to delusionville, population: you. Let’s go Julian, all of a sudden this library started sucking majorly,” Lauren quipped before planting a wet kiss on Julian’s lips just to aggravate Thomas. If he intended to look, she was going to give him something to look at.

“Sure babe, right behind you.“ Julian said cockily while placing his hands on her backside as they made their way out off the library, away from the seething Thomas and the rest of his friends. She had noticed Rachel looking smug and arrogant standing next to Thomas and Lauren fully intended to confront her about it later. She was either friends with her or with him, as she was sure Rachel had been the person to inform Thomas about her kiss with Julian.

“Darling, that was brilliant. You never let him get the best of you. I loved it,” Julian complemented as they exited the main doors of the school and sat down on one of the benches near the building.

“Thanks, it wasn’t actually that hard, I realized today that I don’t really have any feelings for him anymore. He is like a nonexistent person to me from now on. By the way, what you wanna do now? I have about an hour to kill before I need to get ready for the match!” Lauren asked Julian while brushing her honey-blonde hair with her hand.

“What do I wanna do with you? I have lots of ideas, but do you mean in a public place or in private?” Julian said in a teasing tone and licked his lips as way of giving Lauren a hint that he wanted to continue their make-out session that ThomASS had very rudely interrupted.

“You’re such a perv, you know that! I have known you for about one day, you’ll need to do much more than defend my honor before I put out,” Lauren joked while playfully slapping away his hand that was traveling on her thigh, going higher and higher all the time.

--

Sydney arrived home a bit later than she would have needed to be there. But as always, when she and Michael started kissing, they would not be bothered to keep an eye on the time. After about 30 minutes of snuggling, she had finally said her goodbyes and made plans to meet up with him at the game later today. Michael was going to be writing about it and Sydney wanted to be present to cheer for the Raven’s.

To her surprise, both of her parents were at home and currently playfully cooking something in the kitchen. To Sydney, that was a strange mental image, her dad only cooked with his barbeque set and mom was not the worlds greatest cook and usually let Margaret do all the cooking in the house. Yet there they were, dad was cutting a cucumber to slices and mom was frying something the frying-pan.

“Hi honey, I didn’t hear you coming in,” Jack said as he noticed his daughter standing in the doorway and looking them with an bemused expression on her face.

“Why are you two cooking? Did Margaret finally quit and left you two to manage by yourself? If that’s the case, I suggest that you hire a new chef, before anyone has to eat whatever it is that you’re making!” Sydney joked and entered the kitchen. She went to Jack’s side and took a slice of cucumber to her mouth before sitting down on one of the stools.

“Thankfully Margaret didn’t quit, she’s in town doing the grocery shopping. Your father and I are just making some snack to take to the football game tonight. Not even I can ruin hamburgers and salad,” Irina replied in the same joking tone than her daughter.

“You’re actually coming to the game tonight? Surely there is some major film catastrophe that needs to be solved right now by the almighty J-Bri?” Sydney replied, using the nickname she and Lauren had come up during a particularly boring film they had been forced to see in it’s Los Angeles premier.

“I wouldn’t miss your sisters big game for anything. I wanna root for the Raven’s, including that boyfriend of hers,” Jack said at the same time as peeling a pear and starting to cut it to pieces.

“Lauren isn’t with Thomas anymore, she dumped him in spectacular fashion today. You should have seen it dad, she smacked him right across the face and told him off. It was great,” Sydney said without even trying to hide her happiness over the fact that Thomas was no longer part of her sister’s life.

“Is this true, Sydney? I always thought they were this forever together kind of couple, although I can’t say I liked him all that much,” Irina said in a concerned tone and changed looks with her husband.

“Yep, it’s true. The whole school noticed how she dumped him like yesterdays news. But, dad you’re not gonna like this, she’s already got another boyfriend,” Sydney replied a little hesitantly in the end. Julian most certainly hadn’t endeared himself to dad during their first meeting and Sydney knew how much value her dad placed in first impressions.

“It isn’t that Julian fellow, is it? He definitely didn’t look like a guy that I’d want my daughter dating. I don’t understand why Lauren keeps going out with boys that are unsuitable. At least you, honey, found a boy who actually has a bright future ahead of him. That Julian didn’t come across as ambitious or motivated.” Jack rattled with a concerned wrinkle appearing on his forehead. He was certain that Lauren’s stunts were the reason why his hair had started changing it’s color to gray.

“Jack, it’s Lauren’s decision who she wants to date. Neither me or you can stop her from dating this boy if she sets her mind to it. If we say she can’t see him anymore, that’ll only encourage her more. When we give the boy a chance, we’ll see very soon how she really feels about him,” Irina said with an adamant tone. She knew her daughter well enough to know that in her language no meant yes and yes meant no.

“If you’re sure, honey. I personally would have liked to lock her to a convent for a few years, but your plan seems more rational and more easily accomplished,” Jack said with a small laugh and going back to his chores in the kitchen. After that the married couple worked in a comforting silence and Sydney relocated to her room to shower and change.

“Come on Syd, we are going to be late. Your sister will bite my head of if we miss her grand entrance.“ Irina said to the intercom about half and hour later, hoping that Syd had not fallen asleep. If that had occurred, they would never be able to leave for the game. She sighed in relief as Sydney entered the kitchen right then wearing blue jeans, Raven’s t-shirt and black sandals.

--

“Are you ready to go out there Ravens?” Lauren started finished her pep talk to her squad. Tonight they needed to be perfect, this match against the Wildcats was the most important of the season and because the she hated the cheerleading team of the Wildcats and no way her team was going to inferior to that bunch of talentless Britney Spears rip-offs.

“I’m so ready. Did you guys see how cute that Wildcats quarterback is? I so wanna talk to him tonight,” Rachel exclaimed to the dismay of Lauren. That girl needed to get her priorities straight, she was a Raven and a it was completely out of question for a Raven to date a Wildcat.

“Rachel, tonight if I catch you even glancing any footballer who doesn’t wear a ravens uniform, so help me god.” Lauren said annoyed, she didn’t need anyone missing cheers and steps because they were ogling the adversary.

As Lauren was psyching her team, the Bristow’s had made their way to the rafters and were glad to notice that they were indeed early, instead of late. Sydney looked for Michael with her eyes and easily spotted him sitting with Julian, Eric, Francie, Will and Julian. Michael didn’t seem to notice her as he was talking to Eric about something and laughing, so she decided to go and surprise him.

“What do you think about that Kelly Peyton chick?” Eric asked Michael out of the blue. He had been eyeing her for a while now and would like to ask her to the homecoming dance, but wanted to get his friends opinion about her first. To Eric, Kelly seemed different than the rest of the cheerleaders, she didn’t make a huge number about herself and she definitely had a high threshold of pain considering who she hanged out with. He had now spent about four hours with Nadia and didn’t really want to spend anymore, so he had to take his hat off for Kelly, because she managed to be in Nadia’s presence all day without going crazy.

“That brunette cheerleader? I think she’s quite cool, I don’t really know her that well thought. Have you got the hots for her or something? I thought you were having a Rhett Butler/Scarlett O’Hara romance with Nadia Sloane. Will she now turn you into a toad when you’re interested in her friend more than her?” Michael teased and slapped him on the back in a very guy bonding kind of way.

“Ha ha ha, sooo funny Mike. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story. And if you think I’m interested in Nadia in any way, you must have both of your contact lenses in the same eye.” Eric said and made a disgusted face. Michael really wasn’t half as funny as he liked to believe sometimes in Eric’s opinion.

“Hi guys, what‘s up?” Sydney asked as she had made her way to the group and sat on Michael’s lap.

“Nothing that exiting except that my man Eric over here just has a major jones for Kelly Peyton. He wants to ask her out, ain’t it sweet?” Michael teased again and bounced Sydney a little with his knees.

“Aww, do you wuv her, Ewick? Sydney joined in on the teasing and started talking in baby talk, knowing how much he hated when she did that.

“This is the reason I wanna ask her out, it would be refreshing to talk to someone normal instead of you two twerps. I think this concluded your daily, ’tease Eric to death’ bit, now be can move onto topics that I find enjoyable. Like Nadia taking a tumble tonight. I would honestly pay to see her fall flat on that flat backside of hers.” Eric laughed dreamily and painted an amusing mental image of the high and mighty Nadia embarrassing herself like that.

Julian listened the banter between the friends with mixed emotions, one side of him would have liked if he could have mates like that and the other, colder side of his persona just wanted them to shut up and stop boring him.

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the cheerleaders of the Rambaldi Raven’s lead by Lauren Bristow,” said a booming voice from the speakers belonging to the gym teacher Mckenas Cole, who also worked as a color commentator for the matches.

Julian watched with fascination when the team started their routine and there was no doubt that Lauren knew what she was doing. She was obviously born to be an entertainer, she worked the crowd to perfection and there was hardly any man in the audience that could say they didn’t find her sexy. Her jumps, cheers and a backflip made Julian develop thoughts that were definitely R-rated, that he wanted to fulfill in the very near future.

--

“We did it, we did it,” Lauren rejoiced with the rest of the cheerleaders as their beloved Raven’s had won. Not only were they now beaten the Wildcats three years in a row, but it also meant that tonight they would party. She desperately wanted to go and needed to sweet talk her father into letting her go despite the fact that she was still grounded.

Rachel high-five couple of the other cheerleaders and them made a beeline for the direction she had seen Jack Bristow sitting with his wife. She checked that her hair and make-up were perfect and her cheer uniform bared enough flesh to get a guys attention. She also made sure both Lauren and Sydney were preoccupied with something else, Sydney was surrounded by her nerdy friends and Lauren was too busy playing the queen diva, surrounding herself with male admirers. Perfect, she thought and got ready for the kill. She noticed him fiddling with his cell phone and she couldn’t see the wife anywhere.

“Mr. Bristow, can I have a moment of your precious time? I have something very important to ask you,” Rachel started with her best flirty voice and ditzy smile she had perfected for situations like that.

“Sure Rachel, what can I do for you?” Jack said in a pleasant tone. He had noticed that the girl was wearing too much make-up for his taste and wearing the uniform in a way that left little to imagination.

“I was thinking, maybe I could get an after-school job at your company. I’m hard-working, conscientious and I love the movie business. I’m willing to do almost anything to get that job,” Rachel said in a girly, innocent-sounding voice that she hoped would work for him. He didn’t seem the type that liked the overly flirtious, ass-kissing attitude, but wanted someone who just wanted the job and wanted to do her best.

“Come by the office on Monday after school, I’m sure there is something for you to do. It’s never a bad thing to get fresh ideas and people to a creative environment.” Jack said while taking his PDA out of his pocket and making a note there to remember the appointment. He wasn’t entirely sure she would fit the corporate image, but because she seemed like a nice girl and was friends with Lauren, he decided to give her the benefit of doubt.

“Thank you so much. I won’t make you regret this,” Rachel said pouncing on her heels enthusiastically and giving him a big hug, remembering to press her breasts tightly to his chest and kissing him on the cheek. Jack awkwardly hugged her back and then quickly made his exit from the embrace. If Irina would have seen it, he would undoubtedly be sleeping the night in the guest bedroom.
“Dad, why were you hugging Rachel? You haven’t started cradle robbing and having a midlife crisis?” Lauren said in a joking voice behind him, startling him a bit.

“Lauren… I just gave her a job and then she was so happy that she hugged me, I didn’t hug her…” Jack said in a deer-in-the-headlights kind of a tone and look.

“I was just joking dad. Do you know that you are the best father a girl could have? You put up with my stunts and my whims and I get a visa card with no limit!” She said in a sugary sweet tone and taking her father’s hand in hers. Flattery worked for him every time, just as long as she got what she was after before mom would return.

“Laurie bear, what are you up to? It must be big since you’re holding my hand in a public place and that is something you haven‘t done since elementary school.” Jack raised a skeptical eyebrow, waiting for what ever it was that his little girl wanted so badly that she was willing to hold hands with him at school grounds.

“I really, really, really want to go to that party the Raven’s are having to celebrate the win. Please, please daddy, let me go. It’s Friday and I promise to behave and Sydney will be there as well so she can keep her eyes on me,” Lauren said in pleading voice and stared her father in a little girl kind of way.

“I can hardly say no to you when you look at me like that. But I want you to come home by one in the latest, but if Syd leaves earlier, I want you to leave with her and come home. Plus I also want you to keep your cell phone available and NO drinking. Those are my terms, take it or leave it,” Jack said caving in to his daughters request. He couldn’t say no to her when she looked like that. He just hoped he wouldn't have to regret his decision.

“I love you daddy. Thanks, thanks, thanks. I gotta go, but I promise to do all those things you wanted,” Lauren squealed in excitement and couldn’t wait to tell her friends she could come.

The party would take place at Noah Hicks house in Malibu and most of the school would be invited. This is going to be fun….

To Be Continued

Next Chapter: Party On

God Thomas is such a jerk.
:rolleyes: so glad shes done with him.
Ooh i just loved the way Jack complimented Micheal lol. :D
wish i could have seen more of that on the show. :sigh:

That party should be quite something, I can't wait for it.

Thomas is a jerk but then again so is Julian on the outside.
Julian listened the banter between the friends with mixed emotions, one side of him would have liked if he could have mates like that and the other, colder side of his persona just wanted them to shut up and stop boring him.
I liked this. It shows a nicer, less arrogant and more human side of him.

Great chapter!

Sorry about the long delay in updating. Now I finally got out of my lazy butt and started writing this story again. I hope you like it.

Come as you are

CHAPTER 9

Nadia and Lauren were the making the finishing touches to their outfits at the Sloane’s. Lauren didn’t want to go home to change, knowing fully well that her dad would not approve of what she wanted to wear to the party. It had been a brilliant idea on Nadia’s behalf to change at her house and after that go straight to Noah’s.

Nadia had chosen to wear a short, blue dress that had both a high hem and a low neckline and hung to every curve on the dark-haired girl. Her long black hair had been left open and her make-up was done with dark shades of blue that accentuated her dress.

Lauren on the other hand, had chosen a black short miniskirt that showed of her legs and a red corset that looked like it could be straight out of Moulin Rouge. Her blonde hair was tied in a French braid and she had decided to borrow Nadia’s dangly silver Neil Lane earrings and red high-heeled sandals. It certainly came in handy that her best friend had the same shoe size.

“So are you and the British dish are like officially dating now?” Nadia asked while she deployed the final coat of peach lip gloss to her lips and turning to gaze at Lauren with a naughty smile on her lips.

“I guess we are. It’s kinda funny that I haven’t known him all that long, but I’m more comfortable being in his presence than I ever was with Thomas in all of the 19 months we dated. I can’t explain it, but when I’m with him I don’t have to pretend to be anything other than who I am, a seventeen-year-old high school girl.” Lauren responded to her friend and took a final glance of her appearance from the large mirror in Nadia’s room before taking her bag and indicating to Nadia that she was ready to leave.

“Really? You’ve known him for what, 2 days and you’re already talking like you wanna be his baby mama and wifey. Are you sure you’re okay and Sydney hasn’t infected her mental illness into you?” Nadia said in a mock concern and went to the blonde’s side and pressed her hand to Lauren’s forehead as if checking her temperature.

“Funny Nadia, but I hope you haven’t turned into Eric Weiss because of all that time you’ve spent with him. His lower class humor is very unbecoming coming out of your mouth.” Lauren replied good naturally and laughed at Nadia’s horrified look. She started making her exit from Nadia’s pink and frilly bedroom and decided not to take her cheerleader uniform, she’d just go get on Saturday or Sunday since their next practice wasn’t until Monday.

“Speaking of Weiss, I think he’s going to ask me to Homecoming tonight. That loser has been hovering near me ever since we became partners and has been giving me the eye,” Nadia said giggling and followed Lauren out of her room.

“No way. Why would that nobody actually think someone as fabulous as you would ever go out with him? Aren’t you like totally going with Noah anyway? Lauren quizzed with puzzlement. That would certainly be one of the signs of the apocalypse if Nadia went to a school formal with Eric.

“Yes way. I’ll let him ask me in front of everybody tonight and then refuse so loudly everyone knows it was me that humiliated him. And yeah, me and Noah made plans to go together like two months ago. I know you’re going with Julian and you two will do nothing else than suck face for the whole night.” Nadia said as they entered the vast entrance hall of the Sloane mansion.

“Girls, come here for a second. I need to talk to you Nadia for a moment,” said Nadia’s father Arvin from behind the girls. He was a thin man in his fifties who was assessing the two teenagers from behind his horn-rimmed glasses.

“Sure daddy, what’s up?” Nadia said and put her hand to her fathers and followed him to his office a few feet away.

“I want you to be a good girl tonight. Don’t do anything that would require either me or your mother to come and claim you from the police station. Meaning no drinking and driving or drinking in general since you’re underage. Also do try to keep Lauren on the straight and narrow as well, I don‘t need Jack Bristow upset with me since I‘ll have to ask for an additional 100 million funding for my next project on Monday morning. I would like him to be in a pleasant mood when looking at the financial plan for Irish actor Simon Walker’s first starring role in an American motion picture.” Mr. Sloane said in a fatherly tone and kissing his only daughter’s forehead slightly.

“I’ll behave and try make sure Lauren here does too, but dad, I’m not promising much success, since no one that I know is better at getting in to trouble that my best friend.” Nadia said mischievously and winked in the direction Lauren was standing.

“Good to know, have fun tonight my darling and please come home at a decent hour. You too Lauren,” Arvin Sloane said as he started walking the girls to the door.

“Bye dad. Bye Mr. Sloane,” The girls said in unison and headed to the garage to get Nadia’s black Jaguar and head of to Noah’s.

--

The party was already in full swing when Sydney and her friends arrived. There was at least 100 people scattered around laughing, drinking and dancing and more would be arriving in the next hour. They had been early as Sydney had just changed clothes and brushed her hair before hopping to her Mercedes and meeting Michael and Julian at a nearby Taco Bells for a quick bite to eat.

Sydney had worn light blue jeans and a black top, not wanting to dress up in anything fancy seeing as this party was just an excuse for most to get hammered. No one here would care what she was wearing, unless it had beer or tequila coming out of it.

She hadn’t see either her sister or Nadia, but had spotted both Kelly and Rachel talking to some footballers Sydney couldn’t name from the top of the hat. She had also noticed Eric summoning up his courage to go and ask Kelly to homecoming. It was actually quite sweet to see him this nervous about something.

“Just go and ask her, will you. You’re driving me nuts with this ‘should I or shouldn’t I’ thing you got going on. The worst thing that could happen is for her to say no, but I doubt she will,” Michael egged Eric on and gesturing to the direction where the pretty brunette was standing holding a cup of beer in hand.

“Mickey’s right, broads dig nothing more than a self-confident bloke with initiate, an insecure wussy will never get a date,” Julian said speaking for the first time since they had arrived to Noah’s.

“There is a fine line between self-confidence and arrogance, and I can guarantee that most girls would rather date a sensitive, funny guy than a pompous ass. And that’s because the god’s gift to the world routine gets old really fast,” Sydney replied to Julian with a challenge in her eyes.

“Girls will eventually marry sensitive chaps and want them to father their kiddies, but before that, they wanna date a bad boy, someone who is full of fun and adventure. Since we are not talking about a trip to the alter, but a school dance, confidence will work better for Eric over here, trust me,” Julian fired back without cowering in front of Sydney’s gaze.

“I wouldn’t trust you even if you had your tongue notarized. Eric is not a arrogant prick who has never seen a mirror he didn’t like, in other words, he is not you. His best asset is his winning personality and I don’t see how turning him into a jackass will convince Kelly Peyton to go with him to Homecoming.” Sydney ended her argument with resolve and flashed Julian a confident smile.

“That might be the case with you Syd, but then again you are the most condescending know-it-all that I have ever met. You think anything you say is right by default and other people’s opinions are not worth anything. Thankfully I’m dating your sister, who doesn’t just ignore other points of view, I can’t imagine what it would be like to be stuck with you for an eternity. You would make a guy go bonkers in no time, it‘s a miracle that Mickey is still sort of sane.” Julian returned Sydney’s confident tone and smile.

“My sister is very much like me, she doesn’t respond to being treated like someone’s personal property and a bed warmer, someone who should be nice and agreeable without opening her mouth, so if you think she will take your felgercarb, you’re wrong. Thomas never got away with it and I see now reason why you would,” Sydney said coldly. Lauren was a lot of things, but she was not a doormat and nobody knew that better than Sydney.

“Guys, thanks for the opinions, but I think I’ll do this my way. I’m just going to go there and make her laugh before asking.” Eric said ending the argument and sharing a knowing look with Michael before going to talk to Kelly.

Michael decided to steer Sydney to the other room to get a soda and get her as far away from his cousin as it was humanly possible. Both Sydney and Michael had decided not to drink any alcohol tonight, as they both were driving. Michael rarely drank and he didn’t want Julian driving his BMW under any circumstances and Sydney had to drive since Lauren’s car was still under lock and key at home.

Sydney caught a glimpse of her sister as she arrived and instantly understood why she hadn’t come home to change. She would have had the same change than a snowball in hell to get this outfit approved by their father. He was going to hit the roof he even caught a glance at those tiny pieces of fabric her sister called an outfit. In Sydney’s opinion, she could have just as well wrote ’I’m easy’ to her forehead to get the same affect.

Lauren also noticed Sydney and Michael looking at her. Why did she always had to dress like a prude to parties. She was so predictable and had no fashion sense in Lauren’s opinion. Jeans were suited for school and hanging out at a hamburger joint, but not going to parties filled with hot guys and alcohol. She was going to have to do a make over on Sydney, her clothes needed to go and fast.

“Sis, could you have possibly chosen anything more boring to wear tonight? I’m pretty sure some 50-something Mormon school teacher from Utah is wondering why someone constantly raids her wardrobe.” Lauren quipped as Sydney and Michael had made their way to her and Nadia.

“Thanks sis for the advice, but no thanks. I’m not going to listen to your suggestions about clothes, just like I’m not telling you in what street corner to stand on. Well, I think Nadia can pin point the best corners in Hollywood to stand on, with all her experience and all,” Sydney said with winking at her sister and looking Nadia over with distain.

“Please god, make her go away. The Nerd McNerdy is already polluting the fun zone. Lets just face it Syd, Dolce & Gabbana doesn’t make clothes in your size, so in all fairness you can’t wear couture.” Nadia said with a dismissive hand gesture towards Sydney and returned her contempt.

Sydney snorted in disbelieve and decided Nadia should be left alone with her delusions. She took Michael by the hand and didn’t dignify Nadia’s barb with a response.

Lauren rolled her eyes and noticed Julian standing in the doorway just looking at her. She whispered to Nadia that she’d just see her later and have fun, before going to Julian’s side with a cat like grin on her face.

Julian could readily admit that Lauren was the most beautiful girl he had ever met, she could get away with wearing the most revealing outfits without looking trashy and cheap and that was something a lot of other girls couldn’t do.

Lauren was also checking Julian out, he looked gorgeous. Wearing black straight pants and a light blue shirt with his blond hair slightly tousled, he looked as if he had just stepped out of a GQ cover.

“Hi doll, if I got a nickel every time I saw someone as beautiful as you, I’d now
have three cents. You’re gorgeous, you know that right? Julian said before lowering to press his lips onto hers and wrapped his arms around her and slightly lifted her out of the ground.

Their lip lock was met with a few ‘get a room’ chants from the other partygoers, and that sounded like a good idea to Julian. He just wasn’t sure what Lauren would think if he suggested that they moved to one of the guest rooms located in the second floor of this massive, Elisabethian mansion. He didn’t want to give the impression that he only wanted one thing from her, since it was not true.

Julian remembered his argument with Sydney earlier and begrudgingly decided to take it slowly although he would never give the brunette the credit for his turnabout. He just reasoned in his mind, that even if Sydney was a royal pain, she was Lauren’s twin sister and most likely no one knew Lauren better, so her point was valid.

“I need something to drink, my throat is so dry. After that, we can continue this somewhere more private,” Lauren said as she ended their kiss some minutes later and winked in a naughty way before leaving the room with her hips swaying in a provocative way that left Julian with tons of ideas he wanted to do with her.

He followed her and kept his gaze directed to her soft legs he would like to see wrapped around him very soon. It was strange how much he did actually feel for someone he had met no more than two days ago, Lauren had a way to get under his skin and leave a unforgettable impression that no other girl had ever done. If he had been lucky enough to get her, he wasn’t going to let her go.

--

“Hi Vaughn, you look good tonight. Almost eatable,” Nadia said seductively as she joined Michael in the main living room couch where he had sat down to wait for Sydney, who had went to the bathroom.

“Thanks Nadia. You’re looking nice as well,” Michael responded a little awkwardly and moving slightly to the other side of the couch. He didn’t need Sydney returning and seeing him sitting closely with Nadia.

Nadia didn’t like his answer at all. She had spent an hour getting ready and looked definitely better than ‘nice’´. She would have used adjectives like ‘stunning’, ‘sexy’ and ‘gorgeous’. Had a year with Sydney turned him blind or something? She could have understood if all the harping his precious girlfriend did would have made him deaf, but not this. It was awful the way Sydney had emasculated someone as fine as Michael in Nadia’s opinion.

She decided drastic measures where in order to get the poor boy back to his senses and fast. And no one would be better at that than herself. She leaned a little closer to Michael and in one swift motion had straddled him and planted her lips onto his. It took a few seconds for him to realize what the hell was happening, it was actually Nadia kissing him instead of his girlfriend.

Before he could push the girl away from his lap, he heard something that made his blood run cold. The voice of his girlfriend. This could not be happening.

To be continued…

Next chapter: Michael and Sydney fight and she gets drunk.

Geez. . What the hell was Nadia thinking?
I guess she doesnt really think much. :rolleyes:
Well. . Syd is smart enough im sure to realise it was just a set up.
But i really cant wait for drunk Syd!
Yay! That should be fun.

Thanks for the great update!!

Back