In Reverse

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
That was mean! Sark is a baaad husband! Vaughn will figure it all out and shoot Sark and Lauren right in the face.. and maybe Jack will help.. Father/Son bonding! Oh and I have another question..... Where is the Weiss?????

OMG!! is sydney going to be ok? how bout the baby??

sark is a bad hubby if thats the disk lauren gave him...

great cliffy to leave off at too!!

thanks for the pm

What happened...
Why did Syd's computer blow up...
Where is Julian...
I wonder if the baby will be alright.
Thanks for the pm.
Can't wait for more...

no!!!! syd and the baby have to be ok.
sark and lauren just need to... get hit by a train... or something... :lol:
oh yeah, where's weiss??
great update.

~Kay :cool:

Chapter 7: The Aftermath

A.N. Sorry this is a short-ish chapter. But school’s got me VERY busy, so I wrote whatever I could between schoolwork. Hope you like it. Please review if you’ve got anything to say. I’ll try to update this weekend or even before if I’m lucky. Hope you enjoy!

Vaughn walked into the room. As he quietly closed the door, the sight of all the tubes and machines attached to Sydney overwhelmed him. He let out a deep breath and sat next to her bed.

Flashback:

Vaughn looked down at Syd, thinking of what to do first. Jack ran up to him. “Get some gauze!” Vaugh screamed, not directing it to anyone specifically. When gauze landed on his lap, he started wrapping up whatever he could. When Medical Services arrived, he stood up to let them do their work. He looked down at his hands, which were shaking and full of Syd’s blood.
Sucking it up, he turned to Jack and Weiss. “Where is the ambulance?” he said softly.

“It’s waiting outside.” Jack answered.

“So why are we in here?” Vaughn asked, frustratedly.

“The explosion triggered a lockdown. We can’t leave and no one can get in.” Weiss whispered.

“What?! So we can’t get her to a hospital?” Vaughn asked, but already knew the answer. He turned away from them to watch what was being done for Sydney. An hour later they were let out and Syd was rushed to the hospital.

End of Flashback.

Vaughn held Syd’s hand, holding back tears, as f she would see him if he started crying. He was being string for her. Hoping she’d wake up soon. She’s in a coma. She might not wake up at all. He thought. But when she does, how will I tell her?
Vaughn kissed her hand and stood up. He left the room just as the doctor walked up to him. He motioned to Julian who was sitting on a bench not too far away, and he soon joined.

“Sydney is in a coma. We don’t know when she’ll wake up. She lost a lot of blood and was badly burned.” The doctor began. “I’m sorry. The baby didn’t survive.” Julian stepped back and took a deep breath. He looked like he was trying to hold back tears as much as Vaughn was. “I’m sorry. That’s all we know now. If anything else develops, I’ll let you know.” The doctor finished, nodded at each of them, and walked away. Julian went into Syd’s room and Vaughn, hesitantly, left the hospital.

---------------------------------------

Vaughn walked into the office and on the way to his desk, he passed Weiss. Weiss motioned him to a corner. Vaughn followed.

“How’s Sydney?” Weiss asked.

“The doctors don’t know much.” Vaughn said.

“And the baby?” Vaughn said nothing and Weiss took a deep breath. “Man, what more does she have to go through to be happy.” He said, genuinely upset.

After a minute or two of silence, Vaughn started. “Man, what do you think of Sark?”

“Vaughn, once you open this door, you’ve gotta be willing to go all the way.” Weiss warned.

“I know.” He said harshly. “But don’t you think it’s kind of weird that the disk Sark brought back targeted Syd’s computer? Marshall said the virus, or whatever it was, was ‘looking’ for Sydney.”

“What are you saying?”

“I think he’s a Covenant mole.”

“What? No. What proof do you have?” Weiss asked.

“I’ve been checking up on Sark, and on many of his missions he’s brought back faulty intel.” Vaughn said.

“You’ve been checking up on him? Vaughn, you are going way too far. I know you’re upset about Sydney-”

“Weiss, stop! That’s not why I’m doing this. I really believe there’s something not right with him.” Vaughn snapped.

After a few minutes, Weiss made his decision. “Ok. I’ll help you. I’ll see what I can find.” Weiss said bluntly and walked away.

-------------------------------------

After a long day at work, Vaughn headed to the hospital. He walked into Syd’s room and sat by her bed. He grabbed onto her hand once again and let the tears flow. He just cried. “I love you. Please, Syd, wake up.” He said.
Vaughn calmed down after a while and moved Syd’s hair out of her face. Syd moved her mouth and Vaughn jumped, not sure if he really saw what he thought he did. When she moved again, Vaughn jumped up and ran to get the doctor. Syd slowly awoke. The doctor made sure she was okay, and she was, for now.
The doctor left the room and Julian came into the room. Vaughn left and Julian sat by Syd as she slowly woke up. She slowly opened her eyes. As she looked around at the hospital room, everything came back to her. She suddenly was fully alert. “The baby.” She said, breathing hevily and looking around frantically. “Is the baby okay?!”
Julian didn’t know how to answer. He took a deep breath. “Um Syd, Th-the baby, I-”

“No. Julian, please. No. The baby didn’t-the baby didn’t make it!” she said as the tears quickly rolled down her face. Julian sat in silence, watching her cry, and couldn’t think of anything to do to help her.

Back