In The End

A/N: This is my first fan fic, and the first one i posted over here at the All Alias boards so if its bad im sry  I would also like lots of feed back so please give me your opinion. Note: I posted this over at SD-1 so those of you who are also sd-1 users may reconise it.
Rated: PG-13 to R

Spoilers: It has to do w/ all of the third season and picks up after Resurrection

IN THE END

Chapter 1

“You were never supposed to have found this”
-----------

“Why?” she said choking back a sob.

“Because, I had to.” He said simply.

“What the hell do you mean you had to?! You keep track of my entire life and you new about Nadia!!!! That goes against protocol!”

“I know it does, but no one is going to find out because, you see, you are now classified as a traitor to this country which means anything you say won’t be taken seriously.”

She felt betrayed. She wanted to cry until she had no more tears to shed. She thought quickly how she could escape his grasp. How??

Then it hit her.

She had the knock out spray that she had once used for a mission when she worked for sd-6.

All she had to do was get close to him.

She walked up to him. “ I wish that you didn’t have to do this” she lifted her wrists to him so that he could cuff them.

Then without warning she sprays him.

He falls to the ground and she can’t help but cry.

She knew what she had to do. She had to find her mom, but in order to do that, she had to become what she now was. A criminal. She also needed help. If it meant turning for help from the devil, she was willing to do it. She needed Sark.

Sark sat in his cell staring lazily at the wall. The fact that Lauren was now dead and that Vaughn had killed him mad him hate the man even more. Then he thought about Sydney. He always liked. Ever since Irina first told him about her he had loved her but he quickly realized that she would never want him or love him the way that he loved her.
All of a sudden there was an alarm going off. Gunshots rang the air. At first he thought it was Lauren. Maybe she didn’t die. But when he finally got a good look at the person it wasn’t Lauren at all, but in fact Sydney Bristow.

She aimed the gun at the lock.

“Get down unless, you want to get shot.” She ordered him.

He obeyed her and got down on the ground. Bewildered at what she was doing.

She shot the lock and kicked it and it instantly came open.

“Might I ask what your doing?” he asked her with complete shock.

“Do you want to get out of here?” She asked him with rush in her voice.

“Yes but-“

“No buts. I have to inject you with this so that your bone will grow back fast, so that we can get out of here. This is going to hurt really badly.” She said and injected it right in his bone.

“Arrrr!!!” He yelled as his bone began to grow back.

“We have to go now!”
----------

They ran and ran there were gun shots in the air. He couldn’t figure out what had possessed Sydney to do this. But then, the next thing she did made him love her even more.

“You got my car.” He said breathlessly. He stared at the silver convertible.

“Get in. I’m driving.”

Five cars were chasing them. They kept shooting at them. They were good. But Sydney was better. She blew up two cars. And the others crashed into each other.

“I knew you were good, but I didn’t know you were that good.”

“Whatever.” She replied.

He smirked at that. Finally, they pulled into an ally.

“May I please have an explanation now?”

“Yes. I have gone from a CIA agent to traitor to this country and am now on the America’s Most Wanted list.”

“Wow. All in under 24 hours. Impressive. Very impressive.” He said smirking.

“I need your help.”

“For what?” He asked innocently. That pissed her off.

“I need you to help me get my revenge on my dad and I want to find out the truth and the only way to do that is to find my mom. I need you to help me find her.” She said impatiently.

“And if I don’t?”

Her answer was a gun to the head. “Would you like me to answer that?”

“No. Alright Sydney. I will work with you if you promise not to shoot me.”

“And I won’t shoot you if you don’t betray me.”

“Deal.”

“Deal.”

“By the way, you act just like your mother.” “That’s a compliment by the way” he added quickly.

“Thanks.” She said in a bored tone. She thought, as she started driving towards a hotel, so this was how it was going to be. Her partnership with Sark was going to be an interesting one.

Chapter 2

After driving and driving, they finally found a hotel.

“Are you two here on your honeymoon??” The clerk asked.

“No. In fact we would like two separate rooms, please.” Sydney answered. She couldn’t help but smile at Sark’s reaction

“Very well” he said with disappointment.

“Your room is 1047” to Sydney “and your room 1062. Enjoy your stay.”

With that they left for their rooms.

Later Sydney got a visit from Sark. He had changed into a fine but casual suit. And look really handsome. Luckily the CIA didn’t shave his hair this time. Sydney always preferred it not shaved.

“I know that we haven’t talked since we made our deal, but I would like to thank you. If it wasn’t for you, I would probably be in there for another two years.”

“Your welcome” she replied with sadness in her eyes. “We’re leaving tomorrow so don’t get to comfortable.”

“Where are we going?”

“Rome, were going there to meet a contact of mine that I trust will give us the supplies we need to find my mom. By the way, were you in contact with my mom from the time you were released and from the time you got back in?”

“No. That woman knows how to disappear better than anyone I now.”

“Great. We’re going to have to find her the hard way.” She replied with disgust.

“I was wondering, why do you want to get revenge on your father? I mean I know that it’s none of my business-“

“You’re right it is none of your business.”

“But Sydney, if we’re going to be working together, I need to know the truth.”

“Truth takes time”

“Bloody hell woman!!! You’re just like your mother!!!” He screws up his face and mimics her mother, “Truth takes time, truth takes time,” then goes back to his normal cold stare and says, “well if you haven’t noticed, we don’t have time, so please that’s all I ask of you. That’s it!”

“Fine!!! You want to know do you? Well then I’ll tell you. My dad new all about Nadia, recorded everything I ever did and, he did the same for Nadia, and after he found out I new, he classified me as a traitor and tried to have me locked up! So There! That’s why! Are you happy now?!” after saying that she realized that she had tears in her eyes and was on the verge of crying again.

“I didn’t mean to upset you but really from now on we need to tell each other these things no matter how hard they are. We’re partners remember? Partners. And to tell you the truth, I wouldn’t want anyone else to be. You’re the best agent I know.”

She couldn’t help but cry at his words. Then he cupped her face in his hands and said,

“Get some rest. Call Agent Yawn. Vaughn! I meant Vaughn.” She laughed at his words. “It’ll be better. I promise.”

“Thanks. You’re right. I should call him.”

“See you in the morning. Sleep well. You look like you haven’t slept in ages. Good night Sydney.”

“ ‘Night.”

----------
Chapter 3

Jack opened his cell phone and dialed a number.

“Is the line secure?” the voice answered

“Yes. Everything is going as planned. She went strait to Sark and it is all playing out as you predicted. So what’s the next move?

“Nothing yet. We must wait until they become close. Understood?” the voice asked.

“Understood.”

With that, the line went dead.
------

“Hello?”

“Vaughn, it’s me, Sydney”

“Sydney! Oh my god! Are you alright??”

“I’m fine. What’s going on?”

“What’s going on?? Well oh I don’tknow maybe you broke Sark out!!! That’s what’s going on! And you killed 10 agents!!! Including Weiss!”

Sydney’s heart broke. Weiss was always her friend. If she had known she wouldn’t have blown up those cars. As if enough people in her life didn’t already die.
“I..I didn’t kn..know he was in one of th…those cars.” She found herself crying, again “I have to go.”

“Fine. Bye Sydney.” The line went dead.

She found herself crying hysterically. Every emotion in her was filled with pain and sorrow. It was officially over with her relationship with Vaughn. She was lost once again. And no one to turn to. Or was there?

------

Sark was lying in his bed. A bed. He hadn’t slept in a bed for a week. It felt so comfortable. Then got up off it and slipped his pants and shirt off. Then got back in. and just as he closed his eyes he heard his door open. It was Sydney.

She was a wreck. She looked as though she had been crying for some time now.

“Sydney what’s going? On are you alright?”

“No.” she said sobbing.

“Come here.” He gestured her to his bed, to come and sit down. She came and he held her close to him. “What’s wrong?” he asked with sincerity.

“Everything”, she said no longer able to hold her tears. He had never seen Sydney cry before it was almost as if she was broken.

“Did Vaughn do this to you?? Because, if he did I’ll show him a piece of my mind.”

“It’s not just Vaughn, I killed Weiss! He was one of my closet friends and I don’t know what to do anymore!” she sobbed the words out.

“I’m sorry. Do you want to stay here?”

All he could do was stare at her lips. He wanted to kiss them so badly. He wanted to show her that he was more than a monster. That he had feelings.

She was feeling vulnerable, but he gave her ease to her pain. She stared at his lips. She like how it was crooked. She wanted to kiss them but something inside of her was telling her not to. But then she gave in.

Their kiss was slow, but meaningful, and passionate. Their tongues battled each other. It was a feeling that none of them knew they had. It was love.

Sydney broke away first. Catching her breath, she said, “We should… um.. gets some rest. We have an early flight tomorrow. Bye.”
“Uh.. Bye” he said.

With that she got up and left. As she closed the door, she left him feeling confused and mixed with emotions. If this was what working with Sydney was going to be like. He was going to enjoy every minute of it.

Chapter 4

On a private jet to Rome, Sark was twice as confused as he was that night. “We should… um.. gets some rest. We have an early flight tomorrow.” He remembered her saying from last night. Well how the hell was he supposed to get some sleep when they kissed like that. Just then Sydney walked in.

“Hey”, she said as if nothing had happened, then sat down and started typing on her laptop.

“We need to talk.” Sark finally said.

“About what?” she said in her bored-casual tone.

“About what?! About last night! What else would I be talking about?!” He said now getting frustrated.

She closed her laptop, and looked at him. There was sadness in her eyes.

“I’m sorry. I was just emotional and vulnerable. I really shouldn’t have done that. I’m sorry if I mislead you because, truth be told, I really don’t want to get into a relationship right now.”

He sighed. “I don’t appreciate you doing this to me. I mean first you kiss me as if you deeply care for me and now it’s as if I don’t matter to you! As if my emotions haven’t already been played with!”

Now she was mad. “You think your emotions have been played with just by losing Lauren or by me kissing you? Well guess what, no one’s emotions have been played with more than mine. First, I think my mom is dead when she really isn’t. Then I find out that my dad programmed me to be a spy. Then I go missing for two years, and I found out that Vaughn married some b**** from hell, and now I find out that my dad recorded everything about my life and not just mine Nadia’s too! So don’t you dare tell me that your emotions have been played with, when in fact mine have been played with the most!!!!!”

With that, she started to cry again.

“Just go away.” She sobbed.

“I’m not going away. Not when you’re like this. I won’t leave you to suffer.”

Then she came up to him and sobbed into his chest. He couldn’t help but notice certain details that make her, her. Her hair smelt of cherries and blueberries. Her perfume was a sweet smell that he loved.
-------

Rotunda

"We need to talk. Now" Vaughn growled at Jack.

"What seems to be the problem?" Jack Answered.

"I can't believe you made me lie to Sydney about Weiss. The last thing i want to do is screw up our relationship just b/c you tell me to."

"What I'm doing is for the best, remember our agreement, or else I will take action." Jack warned.

"Fine have it your way. But one day you'll pay for what you've done. That’s a promise."

“We’ll see about that.” Jack said in a dangerous tone.

-------

Location Unknown

Jack opened his phone and dialed an unknown number.

“Did you do as I asked?” The voice asked.

“Yes. Vaughn has been taken care of.”

“Good. Make sure that the CIA is left in the dark on this. Also make sure that you are not caught.”

“Of course.” In a click of the line going dead, Jack stared at Vaughn’s motionless body,
blood oozing from his skull.

“Do you still want me to go?” Sark asked her.

She looked at him. This time there was a different look in her eyes. It was a happy look. It was a look of relief.
“No. I don’t.” she replied with a teary smile, and then kissed him again. It was like in the hotel room again. Only this time they were falling onto the bed.

“So is this a vulnerable moment?” he asked breathlessly.

“No. It’s not.” She said with a smile. Suddenly he saw her push a button, a privacy button.

“What was that for?” he asked with a smirk.

“It tells the flight attendants not to come in till we say.” She said with a smile playing her lips.

“I like this plane a lot.” She laughed at his words he silenced her with a kiss that deepened. Their tongues were at war with each other.

Slowly his hands started to move under the back of her shirt. She started to moan softly. Her hands were tugging at his shirt. Taking the hint he threw it off.

Taking his lips away from hers he started to kiss he stomach, tracing her scar with his tongue. She arched her back to him but kept her head on the bed. Slowly he moved his hands under her shirt again this time slowly pulling it off, leaving a trail of kisses up her stomach. Her hands tugged at his pants. Quickly, he slid his pants and boxers of and began kissing her furiously. She began to unclasp her bra and as soon as she did, his lips were on her breast, his tongue twirling around the nipple. Her moans filled the air.

Finally she slid her pants and underwear off. Before she could process what had happened, he plunged himself into her. Her legs wrapped around him as her fingers were digging into his back.. There moans filling the room. By the end they were both saying each others names.

“I’m so tired.” she finally said, before she collapsed on top of him. Both of them were tired and sweaty.

“I know.” He finally said, stroking her back. Slowly both of them got under the covers of the bed as both of them slowly drifted to sleep.

A/N: Ok people, this chapter is going to be very different from past chapters and all of you shouldn’t get to comfortable with Vaughn being dead or Sydney and Sark together because this chapter is going to change everything. You have been warned.

Chapter 5

She awoke on top of Sark. She stared at his face, still roughed up by Vaughn. She stroked his bruises and kissed his forehead, then got off him and got dressed.

When she was fully dressed, she picked up her phone to find that she had received a call from…… Eric Weiss.

She couldn’t believe her eyes. How could he have called her? Vaughn had told her he was dead and that she had killed him. She quickly returned the call, hoping that it would be him that would answer.

“Hello?” he answered. He answered. Why would Vaughn tell her he was dead when he was really alive?

“ Weiss! Oh my god, you alive!” she answered with happiness.

“Sydney! Of course I’m alive, why wouldn’t I be?

“Because, Vaughn told me you were dead!”

“Why the hell would he tell you that?”

“I don’t know! Why would he want to make my life even worse driving me away from him?”

“I don’t know. He always told me how much he loved you. Anyways, why did you bust Sark out of CIA custody anyways? And what posed you to kill those agents?”

“Weiss I don’t expect you to understand, but he’s the only one that can help me find out the truth once and for all.”

“Alright, speaking of Vaughn Do you still love him?”

“No! Of course I don’t love him! Not after everything he has done to me, not after Lauren. What he’s done is just unforgivable.”

“Well I got to go Syd. If you need to talk just call me.”

“Thanks. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye”

“Bye, Syd.”

She closed her phone and smiled. The reason she didn’t love Vaughn anymore was because she was finally moving on. She was happy.

-------

Sark’s POV:

I woke up to find myself alone in bed. I had slept with Sydney. Finally! My “sick little fantasy”, as Lauren called it, has come true! God, I don’t know how long I’ve wanted to do that, or loved her for that matter. And she felt the same! I hear her talking to someone on the phone in the other room. Suddenly, her words catch my attention.

“Weiss I don’t expect you to understand, but he’s the only one that can help me find out the truth once and for all.”

Well, it is true I am the only one that can help her but the next thing she said made me freeze and my heart crush in my chest.

“No! Of course I don’t love him! Not after everything he has done to me, not after Lauren. What he’s done is just unforgivable.”

So much for her caring for me. God! Why does she always have to do this. Of course, she still loves agent “Yawn”. How could I be so stupid to think she would ever love or care for someone like me. It’s obvious she cares about him more than me! I can’t ever forgive her for this, and as for Lauren, she shouldn’t have died, for two reasons, 1: she shags twice as better than her and, 2: At least she cared for me.

-------

*Normal

When Sydney went back to the bedroom, she noticed that he had gotten fully dressed and that something was wrong because, Sark had his cold stare on her. “Are you ok? You look like, well not like you normally do.”

“Well, I’m not normally used just to have sex. Or to be led on that someone cares for you.” He said coolly.

“What are you talking about? I do care about!” she replied.

“Don’t give me any of that s***, ‘cause I’m not buying it. I heard your little conversation! I heard you say that you can’t forgive me for all the things I’ve done and my relationship with Lauren. I’m not stupid you know!”

“I….. I don’t know what to say. I…I wasn’t talking about you at all”

“If you think I’m going to believe that, your sadly mistaken. I can’t ever forgive you for this Sydney. I would appreciate it if when this plane lands and when we’re working together, that you don’t talk to me about anything personal.

“ Fine. And just so you know, maybe I was fooling myself. I don’t know how it ever could have worked between us.” With that she left and slammed the door.

------

Jack Bristow woke up in the middle of the night to get an unfortunate call from a source on the very plane Sydney and Sark were on.

“What is it?” he asks.

“They were intimate, but now it look like they can never be together again.” the thug states.

“Are you sure of this?”

“Yes sir.”

“Very well, thank you for your services.”

“Your welcome, it has been a pleasure.”

As soon as the thug hung up, he called an unknown number.

“Yes?” the voice answered.

“We have a problem”

“I am aware of the problem. And I trust you will use the Rambaldi machine to fix it. Am I correct?”

Yes. I will conduct the procedure soon but I need some of your blood and my blood to make sure that it will not affect us.

“Of course. I will have one of my men drop it off as soon as possible, and Jack, make sure that she does not render you unconscious this time. We have to do this the way it should have been done.”

“Very well. As soon as the other line went dead he got dressed and went to his secret warehouse that the CIA would never find.

-------

When he arrived, a thug was waiting for him.

“ The blood sample. As requested.” It said.

“Thank you,” and before the thug realized what happened, he had shot him in the head.

When Jack approached the machine, he placed his blood and the other blood into the machine. Then added the final step to make the machine work. Rambaldi liquid. He dropped three drops of the silver liquid into the machine. Before his eyes the machine turned on and a great white light beamed from it.

“You were never supposed to have found this”
-----------

“Why?” she said choking back a sob.

“Because, I had to.” He said simply.

“What the hell do you mean you had to?! You keep track of my entire life and you new about Nadia!!!! That goes against protocol!”

“I know it does, but no one is going to find out because, you see, you are now classified as a traitor to this country which means anything you say won’t be taken seriously.”

Before she could process what happened, she was hit with a tranquilizer gun. And slowly everything went black.

--------

When she finally came to, she was in a van with handcuffs on her hands. She look down at herself the clothes she had worn on the mission had been changed into prison clothes.

How could her own father do this to her, not only had he recorded her life and knew about Nadia, but he had now made her a prisoner, a criminal, when she really wasn’t. He had also been responsible for the death of child that was never born. Her child. A child whom she didn’t know who the father was because her father had modified her memory so that she wouldn’t remember.

All she could do was cry for herself. She couldn’t do anything else. She cried for her life, for ever thinking that she could love her father, for ever believing that her life could ever go back to normal, for the child who never lived.

--------

As soon as the van came to a stop, she could hear the rain pouring outside, it was the soud of her future, pain and loss. She knew that this was it, that her life was going to change dramatically.

When they reached the prison hallway she took the chance and tried to get away. It was lost chance. She threw kicks and punches in every direction, she almost got away if it weren’t for the cane that hit her in the stomach and made her double over.
She struggled as they threw her in to the cell, but as soon as she entered they threw her on the wall, making her fall to the floor in heap. What made her day even worse was to find that Sark was in the cell next to her.

“Are you here to get more information or trying to fool me again.” He asked with a satisfied look on his face.

“Shut the f*** up. I’ve had a hell of a day and I don’t need you to make it worse.”

“Well then forgive me Miss Bristow. Also, I would like to clear this up, I already know about Lauren being dead and I would appreciate it if you did bother me about it.”

“As long as you don’t bother me I won’t bother you”

“Well where’s the fun in that?”

“Just shut up.” With that she lied down on the steel floor and did her best to fall asleep. She was still shivering from the rain.

“Have my blanket I don’t need it.” He offered.

“I don’t want it.”

“Honestly Agent Bristow, don’t be so stubborn. Your freezing, you need it. Take it.” He had a point.

She grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her. Slowly she drifted to sleep, a place where her dreams would come true, but not in reality.

A/N: im almost done with the next chapter so u get an update soon.
AF

Heres the soundtrack so far!

1. The car chase scene: Smells like team spirit By, Nirvana

2. Their first kiss: Maps By, The Yah Yah Yah's

3. When Sark And Sydney make love: All of this By, Blink-182

4. When sydney wakes on top of Sark: Yellow By, Coldplay

5. When Sark wakes up and when Sydney and Sark fight: It's Been Awile By, Staind

6. When Sydneys being escorted to prison and her talking to Sark: Hello By, Evanescence.

Um... This is a Sarkney fic right? :thinking:
Im a bit confused for some weird reason... but none the less i think the storyline is great so far.
Hmm... BTW, I think i might have a reputation as a b***h so dont trust my opinion. :lol:

update!

Chapter 6

Sark was sleeping soundly, until he heard Sydney’s screams. He woke up and turned around to her cell, she was in the process of electric shock, then as soon as they stopped the machine a thug asked, “Sign the papers and this will all just be a bad nightmare.”

“Go to hell”, she replied. As soon as she spat that out they turned it on full blast, until what must have been 15 minuets later, they shut the machine off and said “We’ll let you think about it.” And uncuffed her and threw her onto the stone floor. She was shaking uncontrollably.

Sark felt pity for her. She looked so helpless, almost instantly she passed out onto the floor. He wanted to touch her, hold her hand, but the bars that were separating them stopped him and it just wasn’t in his nature to care so much for a person that it would kill him. He wondered what they were trying to get her to sign but thought it was best not to trouble her not now at least. Slowly he got up and sat on his steel cot, it was still dark outside and it was very gloomy inside of his cell. His thoughts wandered to Lauren. Why did she have to die, sure he didn’t love her but he respected her for her. Not to mention they had sex whenever they wanted to. Which was always a perk.

All of a sudden, something flashed into his mind something that he didn’t know would happen:

“It’s not just Vaughn, I killed Weiss! He was one of my closet friends and I don’t know what to do anymore!” she sobbed the words out.

“I’m sorry. Do you want to stay here?”

Then they kissed a kiss full of passion and hunger, then she pulled away from him and said, “We should… um.. get some rest. We have an early flight tomorrow. Bye.”

“Uh.. Bye” he said.

Then he snapped out of it. He shook his head and thought, that was really weird. Who was he talking to? Was it jus dream or was it a memory?

----

Jack was in his office when his phone rang.

“Yes?” He answered

“There is a fault in the machine, they’ll remember everything.” Answered the voice

“How?”

“Let’s just say that certain “events” that occurred they’ll remember, but only at the time they happened. So in other words, they’ll remember what happened between them but, the good news is that they won’t jump to the conclusion that we used a Rambaldi artifact on them. And they will just think of their memories as just a daydream.”

“What’s are next move? She’s made it clear that she won’t sign the documents that say she’s committed treason against her government, and the ones that say she will not tell what she saw.”

“Well Jack, if you had your baby killed by your own father would you want to sign documents and be rash? Lay off her for awhile, give her time to cope with what’s going on.”

“Very well, we’ll be in touch”
---
Sydney had just come to when Vaughn arrived to her cell, it was early morning and he looked distraught and had been drinking.

“Vaughn,” she finally said.

“How could you do this to you country, to me?” he said coldly.

“I didn’t.” she said miserably.

“Sure, like I’m going to believe that one. First Lauren, and now you. I never want to see you again, and I will never listen to your lies ever again.” He said with pure anger.

A tear slid down her cheek, then said hopelessly, “If you wish it.”

With that he left her. She would never be able to tell him the truth and he would never love her again. She would cry but this was beyond tears, it was anger.

“Well, that didn’t go well did it? If you ask me, he wasn’t really worth you. I mean he’s far from the best.” Sark said in his usual cocky tone.

“I’d slap you right now but the bars are in the way,” she shot back.

“Glad to see you haven’t lost your backbone, you were beginning to worry me-”

But before he could finish his sentence, a grenade went off and the gaurds were out like that. The person who was behind this, however was not the person they had expected-

“Sark, I’ve missed you, have you missed me?” said Lauren.

“This is impossible, I saw you die?!?” said a very shocked Sydney.

“It was a vest, that shoots fake blood out to make you think that some one has been really shot, plus I am a very “convincing” actress if you know what I mean, but enough talk I have to break Sark out of here and live.”

With that, she took out her gun and shot it. It must have had some type of acid in it because the glass started to melt. As soon as the glass had melted Sark jumped out and gave Lauren a very tungy kiss. And just before they were about to leave-

“Wait, I’ll help you and the Covenant, if you let me out of here. You can even put me in handcuffs if you want.” Sydney said.

“Really?” Lauren said in amused tone. “I’m afraid I cant trust you.”

“Than take me to your boss, I have nothing to gain by lying to him or you, and I want to have revenge on the CIA and my father.”

“Well, then I think we can work something out.” she said wickedly. With that she shot the glass and it melted away. Sydney hopped out and they ran.
---

As soon as they were out of there, they were on a private jet to Vancouver.

Lauren lent Sydney some of her clothes, but soon after she collapsed on a chair and went strait to sleep. Before she new it, they were at Vancouver and it was night time.

“How come it took us such a long time to fly all the way over here?” Sydney asked

“Because,” Lauren answered,” If we get here super fast then the CIA or any other intelligence group will be suspicious, and get us.”

“Oh” she replied stupidly. Just then Sark entered the cabin.

“Our transportation is waiting for us outside, I suggest we make a move.” He said.

“Lets go.” Sydney said.

When they arrived at the hotel, Sark and Lauren posed as a couple, and Sydney posed as a friend who was tagging along with them.

“Yes, we would like two of your finest suits please.”

The hotel assistant was staring intently at Sydney and Sark was noticing it.

“Our rooms?” Sark asked, now irritated.

“Right, I’m sorry its just the other woman your with reminds me of someone I used to know, funny, rooms 374 and 373. Enjoy your stay”, he said with a fake smile that gave Sydney the creeps.

When they reached their rooms, Sark said, “If you need anything were in the next room, get some rest we have to be out of here by 7:35, that will be all.” And without another word, Sark and Lauren disappeared into their room, leaving Sydney alone with her thoughts.

As soon as she went into her hotel room she fell onto her bed and closed her eyes, with sleep slowly overcoming her body.

----

Soon later she awoke feeling not tired any more, so she went into the fridge and looked for something to drink, and then she saw just the thing she wanted, tequila. She started to drink from it, when she heard a sound coming from the other room. At first she didn’t know what it was, but then it became obvious. She started to hear moans and sounds of pleasure coming from Sark and Lauren’s room.

Oh god. Even the thought of them having sex was disturbing. She tried to ignore them but it got harder and harder to, but still, she kept drinking the tequila until she couldn’t take it anymore. She ran over to the toilet and threw up. It was mainly the tequila, but that didn’t matter, she was so depressed nothing mattered. So she started to cry again. She looked over at the clock, it read 3:47 am.

She was trashed, she laid on her bed yet again. Then something weird happened she saw a glowing light in what looked like a safe. There was a key inside of it and the name on it said : Julia Thorne. That’s how the guy in the lobby new her that’s why he gave her this room. He new she was coming here.

The number on the key said 2b. She must have hid something here at this hotel. But before she could react to anything that was going she felt a knife at her throat and a voice that said, “ Well, what have we here?”

She stared up at the person and the only thing she could breathe out was, “Oh my god”.

ok..im really confused right now...but if this isnt going to be sarkney..whcih is what isnt seems to be right now, please pm me.....

Um...still a bit confused. :blush2: Just the bit about Sark having the memory. Did you mean Syd? I dunno...like I said...still confused. Sorry. So...I take it this is a Sarkney fic? From the flashback it kinda looked like it. Good if it is!

And lol. Im sure other people will start reading this fic soon. Other people already have. ;)

Chapter 7

She couldn’t believe at what she was seeing… It was herself. But it wasn’t, she had blond
hair and her eyes looked darker, more evil. It was Julia.

“What are you??” Sydney finally breathed out.

“I am your trigger. I am the one to give you back your memories, however the only way to give them back is through that key.. and the only way to make you remember is if you become me.”

“I don’t understand. What does all this mean??” Sydney asked.

“It means you will have to become Julia in order to understand your life, and to know where to go to use the key.”

“But I can’t just become Julia! I never was! My dad had me programmed not to be brainwashed!”

But you see that’s not all true. Yes your father had you programmed not to be brainwashed, but I still exist.. I am the one thing that can help take down your father. The only way to do that is to get you memories back-
All of sudden Sydney’s mind went somewhere else. She didn’t know what was going on..

“Do you still want me to go?” a faceless stranger asked her.

She looked at him. This time there was a different look in her eyes. It was a happy look. It was a look of relief.
“No. I don’t.” she replied with a teary smile, and then kissed him again. It was like in the hotel room again. Only this time they were falling onto the bed.

“So is this a vulnerable moment?” he asked breathlessly.

“No. It’s not.” She said with a smile. Suddenly he saw her push a button, a privacy button.

“What was that for?” he asked with a smirk.

“It tells the flight attendants not to come in till we say.” She said with a smile playing her lips.

“I like this plane a lot.” She laughed at his words he silenced her with a kiss that deepened. Their tongues were at war with each other.

Slowly his hands started to move under the back of her shirt. She started to moan softly. Her hands were tugging at his shirt. Taking the hint he threw it off.

Taking his lips away from hers he started to kiss he stomach, tracing her scar with his tongue. She arched her back to him but kept her head on the bed. Slowly he moved his hands under her shirt again this time slowly pulling it off, leaving a trail of kisses up her stomach-

Then as suddenly as it started, she hit back to reality. She stared at Julia, who was smirking at her.

“What the hell just happened??” she yelled.

“That was a memory of an event that doesn’t exist.. or at least anymore” Julia said.

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“You will find out just not right now. It’s something even I can’t explain.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“You must become Julia, if you don’t nothing in your life will ever make sense, and your father will never be brought to justice.” She paused, “And you will never be with the man you truly love out of just love and not being forced to love him.”
“Who? Who is the man I love? What does that mean?” she pleaded.

“It’s up to you to find out.”

Without warning she took her dagger and slashed her hand, then grabbed Sydney’s hand and slashed it really deep, causing Sydney to let out yell. Then she took both there hands together, blood mixing blood.

Sydney started to feel really weird, her head was spinning her mind felt out of control, she blacked out on the floor.

-----

Jack was sitting in his office when he got a call.

“Yes?” he said plainly.

“We have to carefully plan our next move, I think we should assassinate Lauren Reed. She and Sark are getting too close, and we need to make sure that Sydney and Sark are together because, if they do not, the prophecy will not be completed. “ said the voice.

“I understand. I’ll have it taken care of. You know, I do regret having killed her baby but”, he paused, “ if we didn’t, we would never get the key to immortality, and sark and her would still be enemy’s, at least now they are on the same side.

“Jack, don’t worry about this, everything will be taken care of and sooner or later they will become intimate and we will have the key to immortality.” The voice replied.

“Your right, And Katya?” he said.

“Yes Jack?” she replied with her tight Russian accent.

“Make sure Irina doesn’t find out about what were planning. It could ruin everything.”

“Of course.”

Click

------

When she got up she felt different but sort of the same. She checked the clock, it read 5:00. She smiled differently than she ever had, it was.. grim. She got up and went to a store with blond hair dye, and bought black everything, eyeliner eye shadow, mascara, pants, skirts, gloves, jackets, tops and everything else imaginable. This was not Sydney at all, it was Julia.

When she arrived at her hotel it was 6:00, she had plenty of time before she needed to meet them. So she went to work she read the instructions for the hair dying product and started to transform. Her once brown hair was now blond and her eyes that were once sweet and welcoming were now dark and grim. She put on a short leather skirt with some fish net stockings. Once she had that on she but on a black halter top, and to top everything off she put on her leather jacket with many pockets and zippers. She had to admit though, she looked very dark like this and she liked it. Before walking away to meet Sark and Lauren, she smiled the evil smile at herself and left the bathroom.

The clock in her room read 7:00 she figured Sark and Lauren should be up by now so, she went into there room.

What she saw however was a very naked couple in bed fast asleep. She was pissed at this so she decided to take matters into her own hands. She went into their bathroom and took two cups filled with water and poured it over both of them.

They woke with a start. Sark was the first person to speak.

“What the hell was that-.” He froze at her appearance she looked very, very different. She looked like a cold hearted assassin. Just like them.,”For.”

Both Lauren and Sark were stunned, it was as if they were looking at a stranger.

“Sydney,” Lauren spoke, “to what do we owe this unexpected pleasure?”

“One, you guys over slept and I need to go somewhere, and two, the next time you two plan on having sex, give me a heads up so that I can get a room far away from yours.”

With that she walked away leaving both of them speechless.
-----
About an hour later, they found her in her room looking bored and pissed off.

“Where exactly did you plan on going?” Sark asked.

“I need to get to Fiji, I have something there that I need, if I don’t get it, then lets just say that you wont be alive to know what a real good f**k is.” She said with a gleam in her eye.

“What happened to you? It’s like you’re a different person” he spoke with honesty.

“Lets just say, I died pathetic and naïve, and was brought back to life arrogant and cruel. And finally you shouldn’t really think of me as Sydney because I have a secret.”

Then suddenly she did something that surprised him, she pressed her body up against his and whispered into his ear, “ I’m not Sydney.” It sent shivers up his spine.

“Then who are you?” He asked trying not to show his desire.

But all she did was smile and left the room leaving him yet again speechless and surprised by her actions.

------

Katya was sitting in her living room, when she got a call from Jack.

“Yes?”

“ Lauren has told me that she, Sark, and Sydney are going to Fiji. She says it’s for Sydney to get something from there.”

“Do you think she knows that that’s where we kept the time machine, and her trigger?”

“Apparently, she does. They stayed at the hotel where Sydney left that key for her to remember her two missing years. There going to a hotel that she stayed at during that time and getting the artifacts. But we can use there op as a way to get rid of Lauren.”

“Perhaps, but we’ll have to make sure that this happens in front of them, a way for them to seek comfort in each other.”

“I’ll be in touch.” Jack said.

With that Katya ended the call.
-----

FIJI

Sydney/Julia entered the club wearing a short leather dress so tight it that clung to her every curve. Her hair was pulled back into a half ponytail and she had dark eyeliner. It was safe to say that everyman there was staring at her. After noticing that little detail, Sark felt he had to put his arm around her waist.

Flashback:

“We’ll brake into the hotel through the club next door. Then you will wait in the car wile me and Sark retrieve the artifacts.” Sydney said.

“Exactly why are we doing this?” Lauren said in the b****iest tone ever. ”This is waste of our time. Not to mention, your putting all of our lives at stake, and if your wrong about this-“

“I’m not and this is not a waste I could be the very thing the covenant needs.”, she said venomously.

“Shall we go?” Sark said interrupting their fight.
Present:

They walked through the dimly lit club, music booming in their ears, and started walking towards the back exit. Sydney/Julia then took out her gun and shot out a rope. When it reached the top of the building and was secure she said

“Come on” then she grabbed onto him and pressed a button to make the rope go up. Once they got to the 15th floor, they broke the window and went in.

They scanned the room for the vault.

“Lauren, are we clear of any intrusions?” Sydney asked.

“Yes, there seems to be no activity.” Lauren replied

“Excellent, going radio silent.” Sark said turning his comm. Off.

“Where is this artifact that you so desperately wanted to get”

“Over there in that vault” she pointed over to where a silver vault with a red light was. It said 2b. She took out the key she got from Vancouver and placed it in the lock.

----
Meanwhile, Lauren was sitting in the van, thinking of her last conversation with Sark.

Flashback:

While Sark and her were getting dressed Lauren was pissed as hell.

“Why the hell didn’t you yell at her when you had the chance! She poured water over us god damn it!” she yelled.

“Well what was I supposed to do say “that’s not fair?” We did over sleep because someone last night wouldn’t let me!” Sark replied

“Are you saying you didn’t enjoy that? It’s been a month since we’ve had sex and your complaining?! But I shouldn’t be surprised, It’s obvious how attracted you were to Sydney and her freakishly black everything look.”

“I didn’t say I didn’t enjoy it, I said I understand why she’s mad, we told her to be ready at 7:45 and we slept in. That’s all I’m saying love. And yes, naturally I am attracted to her but, I’m sure a lot of men are.”

“Great! Lets go, we don’t wont to keep miss “everyman-is-attracted-to-me” waiting any longer” With that she turned on her heal and went to the bathroom.
Present

Lauren was wondering about what she was going to do with Sark when all of a sudden she felt a knife at her throat. Before she could process what happen, the knife sliced through her throat. She turned around to see her attacker and with her last breath she muttered, “You betrayed us..” then collapsed onto the floor of the van.

Once the attacker exited the van, he started walking towards the hotel. As soon as he was clear, he took his phone out and dialed a number.

“Yes?” Katya answered with her smooth Russian accent.

“Reed is dead. How would you like me to proceed?” Jack asked.

“She knew you betrayed her and the Covenant?” she asked.

“I made sure of it. You know, I hate to leave Irina out of this but, you know how she would want things.”

“Of course Jack. I know you still love her, its obvious of how you talk about her. I also know that she would want things to be done her way and she would not have appreciated that you killed yours and her grandchild. You know she would have done anything to protect Sydney and it, maybe even end your own life in the process. Even if she loves you as much as you do.” She said smirking to herself.

Jack feeling slightly uncomfortable, proceeded to end the call with, “Is there anything else I should take care of?”

“Right know you must make sure that she does not find the artifacts. Do whatever you feel is necessary.”

Click

-----
Back at the hotel, Sydney and Sark had just opened the vault when Sydney felt really weird.

“Sydney, are you alright?” Sark asked with concern in his voice.

“I’m fine, its nothing.” She said, clearly irritated, and shook her head.

She took both artifacts out carefully. The first one was an old machine that had the symbol of Rambaldi. The second wasn’t even an artifact it was an envelope with a piece of old paper inside of it.
She was about open it when Sark lost his balance and once again felt really weird.

“Are you ok? You look like, well not like you normally do.”

“Well, I’m not normally used just to have sex. Or to be led on that someone cares for you.” He said coolly.

“What are you talking about? I do care about!” she replied.

“Don’t give me any of that s***, because I’m not buying it. I heard your little conversation! I heard you say that you can’t forgive me for all the things I’ve done and my relationship with Lauren. I’m not stupid you know!”

“I….. I don’t know what to say. I…I wasn’t talking about you at all”

“If you think I’m going to believe that, your sadly mistaken. I can’t ever forgive you for this Sydney. I would appreciate it if when this plane lands and when we’re working together, that you don’t talk to me about anything personal.

“Fine. And just so you know, maybe I was fooling myself. I don’t know how it ever could have worked between us…”

“Sydney, something weird is happening to me. I keep having these flashes in my head and I don’t know where there from. There almost like memories but I’ve never experienced these in my life.” He said.

“I know”, she said with a bored stare, “I’ve been having them too. It’s weird isn’t it? Did you have a dream about kissing a girl but she pulls away and says that its getting late and she has to go. Oh and I love the last line “We should… um.. gets some rest. We have an early flight tomorrow. Bye.”

He stared at her shocked. How the hell did she know that? He was getting a little freaked out by her at this point and said, “How.. How did you know that?”

“I know a lot of things that most people don’t know about. I also know why Sydney and you are having these flashes.” she said.

“Why are you talking about your self like that? Why do you keep talking as though your not Sydney?!” he said irritated by Sydney’s behavior.

“I’ve already told you this Mr. Sark, I’m not Sydney.” She said

“Well then who are you? Answer that!” he said.

“I’m Julia.” She said.

“That’s not funny Sydney. We both know that you weren’t brainwashed to be her, so why are you pretending to be her?”

“I’m not pretending to be anyone. Your right about the whole brainwashing thing but there was a flaw in her fathers Project Christmas failsafe, I still existed in her mind, she new this too. So she decided to use this to her advantage. She would use me to get her memories back when she saw this key, and once I read the word on this piece of paper,” she said pointing to the old looking paper, “She’ll get her memories back, I will no longer exist, she will be able to destroy this artifact, and she will be able to bring her father to justice- “

“Unless, I do this.” Both of them looked at the stranger. It was her father. He then pushed a button that made a very sharp noise, causing Sydney to scream very, very loudly. Sark was surprised that the windows didn’t break altogether, then she collapsed onto the floor heaving very loudly, and then started to cry. Sark ran over to her and held her in his arms, it was in that moment that he realized that she was telling the truth except now she was no longer Julia, Sydney was back.

“I took the liberty of destroying that flaw that Julia was talking about and,” he picked up the old parchment,” this piece of paper”. He then took out a lighter and placed it to the paper.

“No!” She cried. “Please! Why couldn’t you just love me!”

“Sydney, I always will love you, you may not understand my actions now but someday, you will thank me for everything I’ve done.”

“When your in hell!” she whimpered. Those words were cold to him but, he showed no expressions. He turned around and started to walk away.

Then Sark did something he didn’t think he was going to do he lunged at Jack, but, Jack easily threw him aside. Leaving Sark with a bruised cheek bone, exited the room.

“Sark, are you ok?” she said with concern.

“I’ll be ok I’ll contact Lauren.” He said turning on his comm.

“Lauren we ran into Jack Bristow. How come you didn’t give us a heads up?” he said.

No answer.

“Lauren?” he asked again.

“She’s not answering.” He said with worry.

“ He forgot the artifact,” she said pointing towards the small machine, “ Lets take and get out of here.”

With that, they took and headed out the window.

When they arrived at the van the door was open. Sark started to walk towards it. He peered inside to see Lauren with her throat cut. A pang of guilt surged through him, he bent over to check to see if there was a chance she might have survived when guns started to go off.

Sydney yelled at him, “Get down!”, but he was frozen. He couldn’t move.

It was her shoving him down that brought him back to reality. She rolled over and took cover and tossed him his gone, for a while it was just Sydney shooting but then her scream that made him realize, he needed to help her. He took his gun and started to shoot at the guards. Then finally they were all down he realized that more would come so he took Laurens Body out of the car and placed Sydney inside the van, apparently she had been shot in her shoulder, the shoulder her mother shot her.

He entered the van and drove away from the scene.
-----
At the Hotel

Sark laid Sydney on the bed, He could tell she was in a lot of pain.

“I need to take the bullet out. I’ll get the first aid kit.” His voice was soft and she new the truth that needed to come out. She knew now because Julia had helped her realize a lot of things. That machine was a time machine and her father had used it on them to make them fall in love. It was his endgame. She sat up on the bed. “Sark?” she called in the voice that made him shiver.

“Yes?” He said entering the room with the first aid kit.

“I know what the machine is for and I know why we’re having these flashes of memories.” She said as he was cleaning it.

“I’m listening.” He said as he was injecting her with morphine.

Taking a breath she started,” That machine is a time machine I hid it with my father, not knowing what side he was on, he didn’t realize the flaw in it, and that we would remember the events that occurred.” She turned flushed. He noticed it.

“We were together weren’t we? And then I thought you said something about me when you were referring to someone else. We stopped seeing each other...” He trailed off.
“The reason he used the machine” She started again,” was to get us to fall back in love again even if we were only together for a few days.. Oww!” She cursed as he pulled the bullet out.

“I’m sorry, but you were rambling on and you needed to get it out.” He said laughing at her face.

“Well gee thanks.” She said with sarcasm.

He stopped laughing and said in a slightly embarrassed tone, “Um.. I can’t sew it up properly if.. your umm.. dress strap is on the side like that..”

She paused for a moment and turned around. She unzipped the back of her dress revealing no bra straps. Pulling the dress further down made, his heart pound and his body ache with desire. She took her arm out of the dress as best as she could, revealing the curve of her breast, his heart stopped right there, but then she covered it with the black leather fabric.

When she turned towards him he was slightly blushing, she noticed it too. It was slightly awkward so she decided to continue, while he was sewing her up.

“I think we should destroy the machine so that my father can’t do anymore damage. And I think his endgame has something to do with us falling in love for some reason.”

“There,” he said as he finished sewing her up. Sighing he looked at her in the eyes, “I think we should too, the last thing we need is for him to get us into more trouble, and I don’t know why he would want us to fall in love but, I want you to know that I do care for you Sydney and I will continue to do so.” His words were heart felt and meaningful.
A tear slid down her cheek and his hand whipped it away. “Go get cleaned up, I’ll destroy the artifact and I’ll see you when you get out.” She smiled at him a true smile. He had only seen her smile at him once, and that was in Paris but right now, she looked more beautiful than he could ever have imagined. Finally, she spoke, “Sark, I care about you too.” Then she got up and walked towards the bathroom just as he was picking the artifact up to be burned her heard her yell, “What the hell happened to my hair!!!!”

He couldn’t help but laugh at this. He could faintly hear her mutter,” Shut up” but he didn’t care. He took the artifact and placed it in the fireplace he took a match and burned it.

As he was staring at the flames he thought of Lauren, he was feeling quite guilty about her death because, in there last conversation, he made himself sound like he didn’t care about her which wasn’t true at all. Although he was feeling guilt over her death he couldn’t help but feel slightly relieved, he could be with Sydney now. They both just confessed how they really feel about each other.

His mind drifted back to when she was unzipping her dress, “god she’s so beautiful” he thought to himself. He really wanted to touch her then but he couldn’t. Not then at least.
When she stepped out of the bathroom she looked like her again. Her hair was brown again and pulled back into a ponytail, and wore a white tank top with sweat pants.

“Most of the blond came out.” she said with relief, “You can’t notice it but there’s still some parts that are, hopefully tomorrow it will all be gone.” She said smiling.

He smiled back at her. She walked over to where he was sitting and said, “What are you thinking about?”

“Lauren, but for some reason I don’t regret finding her like that. I mean I do, it’s just, not like I used to.” He started to stare at her chocolate brown eyes and she stared back at his beautiful ocean ones.

“You have such beautiful eyes” she said and then did something he did not expect she kissed his eyelids. They were butterfly kisses, then she moved down his face on his nose, his cheeks the she found his mouth. They kissed like they had before, with as much passion and with as much desire.

After a few minutes of their tongues massaging one another’s, he gently grabbed her face and pulled her down gently onto the rug in front of the fire place as if she were made of glass. She pulled away breathless staring into his eyes. She kissed him again, but this time his hands moved under her shirt, she gasped at this new move, when she tried to move her arm around his neck she gasped in pain.

He stopped what he was doing and said, “Oh my god, I’m so sorry. Did I her you?” the guilt in his voice and it killed her to see this in him.

“I’m fine. I’m sorry if I made you worry.”

“You don’t have to be sorry. Maybe we should do this another time lets go to bed.”

“A rain check?” she said teasingly.

“A rain check.” He repeated smiling.

He picked her up and placed her onto the bed. She took off her sweatpants and he took off his shirt and pants. Once they had taken their clothes off, he slipped them both under the covers. She crawled over to him and laid her head on his chest.

“Sark?” she asked.

“Call me Julian,” he replied.

“Julian?”
“Yes love?”

“Promise me something. Promise me when I wake up, that this won’t be a dream.”

“I promise, you have my word.” He said. Then, he reached out and turned off the lights. Holding Sydney close to him, they fell into dreamless sleep.

A/N" I hope that unconfuses some of you:smiley:
AF

Soundtrack update :In Bold is the ones i updated.

1. The car chase scene: Smells like team spirit By, Nirvana

2. Their first kiss: Maps By, The Yeah Yeah Yeah's

3. When Sark And Sydney make love: All of this By, Blink-182

4. When sydney wakes on top of Sark: Yellow By, Coldplay

5. When Sark wakes up and when Sydney and Sark fight: It's Been Awile By, Staind

6. When Sydneys being escorted to prison and her talking to Sark: Hello By, Evanescence

7. When Sydney Sark and Lauren are walking into the hotel Lobby and when shes drinking Tequila: Scar Tissue By, The Red Hot Chilie Peppers

8. When Sydney transforms into Julia up until she leaves Lauren and Sarks room: Smooth Criminal By, Alien Ant Farm

9. In fiji walking through the club up until she puts the Key into the lock: Butterfly By: Crazy Town

10. When they get back to the hotel up until they both go to bed: There is By, Box Car Racer

PM List:

santosaidan
sexcivaughan14
shotput25ash
winter_snow

that was wonderful!!!!!! please keep doing an excelent job...wait, who am i trying to kid...you ARE doing an excelent job, and i cant see you stopping htat.....
thanks for the pm, and im not confused anymore!! lol....
please update agian soon!!!

Well that was great!

Liked the Sarkney of course.
That Jack and Katya conversation was funny. I can imagine the awkwardness.
So glad that Lauren got killed.

Thanks for the PM :smiley:

Back