Fixed IPB AS3 Games

Gemma

Captain
Do IPB AS3 type (they generally fall into the v2 format but use ActionScript 3 techniques and can have gamedata folders) games work with XF Arcade - I checked on a few sites and couldn't see any and the two I tried on a test site gave me a 'Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.'

Have I missed something somewhere? :whistle:

Gemma, mind sending me a PM PC with a sample game attached that I can look at for testing?

For now the concentration has been on IPB v32 games but with the amount of inquiries about IPB v2, and now IPB AS3, games, I suspect that I may have to work on that area next.

Gemma, mind sending me a PM PC with a sample game attached that I can look at for testing?

For now the concentration has been on IPB v32 games but with the amount of inquiries about IPB v2, and now IPB AS3, games, I suspect that I may have to work on that area next.

Done (y)

[ Moved to Open Bug Reports ]

Not really a bug since, up till now, we've been concentrating on IPB v32 games but playing this IPB AS3 game should be resolved in 0.0.7 so I'm flagging it as a reported bug so that it gets tracked.

On a different note, the sample game Gemma came across is pretty weird in that it seems to be a hybrid between an IPB configuration and a Mochi configuration. When the score is submitted back to the client (XFA) it is using the older IPB scoring method but if you happen to be running Firebug then you'll notice that it goes out & talks to the Mochi servers every so often to retrieve (but not display) ads and clicking on the 'Scores' item within the game also attempts to retrieve a Mochi 'Leaderboard' for the the game.

Oh... and, yes, those running XenPorta will need to do an additional tweak for using these types of games.

Back