Jack-Nadia Interactions

Does anyone else absolutely love the awkardly semi-father-figure interactions between Jack and Nadia? Did anyone else burst into tears during episode 3 when Jack and Nadia were on the plane and Jack tells Nadia that he does not blame her for her mother's indiscressions. Another awesome scene was in episode 4 when he finally tells her a possibily of who the baby was, it was so ambigious. I think that jack does want to protect Nadia - before sloane "died" Jack told him that he'd double what-ever Sloane did to Syd. This could be taken that Jack would hurt and use Nadia, or as it's been implied often, he'd try to protect Nadia like Sloane protected Syd.

I dont know if I'd go as far as saying I absolutly love it, but I like where it could go. Its like Syd to Sloane kinda relationship between Jack and Nadia. Could be interesting in future episodes really! :smiley:

The look on Jack's face when Nadia came to save him was interesting, he was glad that he was saved, but a little sad that it wasn't Syd. He was very intuitive when he walked back to the car so Naida and Syd could talk. I'm pretty sure that the pact between Sloane and Jack talked about the episode before has something to do with the mutiual protection of their daughters. Also the look on Jack's face as he woke Nadia up was the picture of fatherly concern.

I love Jack/Nadia interactions. The scene on the plane when he told her that he doesn't blame her for what Irina and Sloane did was so sweet and sincere. Jack isn't a cold heartless man. The scene in the hospital when he brushed back her hair and held onto her hand was so sweet. You could tell that he didn't want to hurt her. Also the fact that he went to her birthday party. Not alot of people in his situation would go, but Jack holds no ill will towards Nadia. As long as she doesn't harm Sydney, he has no problem with her.

I never took seriously Jack's threat to Sloane in S3. I knew that he wouldn't hurt Nadia, if she was innocent.

I always look forward to their interaction. I think Nadia likes Jack too(not romantically)

I never took Jack's threat seriously either. I think it was all part of the act he was putting on so no one would suspect that he was trying to save Sloane.

Yes, Nadia and Jack have great interactions. Part of me still hopes that he's really Nadia's father. His relationship with Nadia would be so different from Syd's. I would in no way compare Nadia/Jack relationship to Syd/Sloane (at this point anyway). The Syd/Sloane relationship was a bit creepy and I don't get that feeling with the Nadia/Jack relationship. Jack would never hurt Nadia unless she was trying to hurt Syd and Sloane did bad things to Syd repeatedly. I don't really see a similarity between the two relationships.

I love Jack and Nadia's interaction. Jack waking Nadia up from her coma and moving the hair out of her face in a gentle way and Nadia rescuing Jack were two of my favorite scenes this season. I just think Victor and Mia have this great chemistry (non romantic). I have been kinda hoping Jack would be Nadia's father because I just love their interaction and it would be a great story.

yea, i love their interactions. and i would never compaire their relationship with that of sloane and syd, because sloane always had this sexual vibe toward syd that was gross.

Osiris said:
yea, i love their interactions.  and i would never compaire their relationship with that of sloane and syd, because sloane always had this sexual vibe toward syd that was gross.
[post="1393466"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think you are mistaken with Sloane having a sexual vibe towards Syd. Sloane considers himself to be Sydney's uncle (whether is is because of his long friendship with Jack, or that they are step-brothers or half-brothers). Jack has the same kind of affection for Nadia.

Nadia considers Jack to be nearly family as Sydney's father and Irina's husband.

To make Jack to be Nadia's father destroys the perfect symmetry of Jack & Sydney and Arvin & Nadia. To destroy the father/daughter link between Arvin & Nadia takes away Sloane's reason for redemption. Without Sloane's redemption, Jack's character loses opportunity to interact with him. Jack's role would deteriorate into a father who isn't fully appreciated by his daughter who suspects he will let her down.

Sloane's character has grown and became more interesting thanks his fatherly love for Nadia. Having a merely evil Sloane destroys Ron Rifkin's ability to show depth of character. JJ and the writers have to know that too.

superintelligentone said:
I think you are mistaken with Sloane having a sexual vibe towards Syd.  Sloane considers himself to be Sydney's uncle (whether is is because of his long friendship with Jack, or that they are step-brothers or half-brothers).  Jack has the same kind of affection for Nadia. 

Nadia considers Jack to be nearly family as Sydney's father and Irina's husband.

To make Jack to be Nadia's father destroys the perfect symmetry of Jack & Sydney and Arvin & Nadia.  To destroy the father/daughter link between Arvin & Nadia takes away Sloane's reason for redemption.  Without Sloane's redemption, Jack's character loses opportunity to interact with him. Jack's role would deteriorate into a father who isn't fully appreciated by his daughter who suspects he will let her down.

Sloane's character has grown and became more interesting thanks his fatherly love for Nadia.  Having a merely evil Sloane destroys Ron Rifkin's ability to show depth of character.  JJ and the writers have to know that too.
[post="1394159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree! It will destroy the show if Jack is Nadia's father. I love it the way it is now. Se Jack care so much for his only daughter and se Sloane care for his daughter. And together they are like a big family. I love that, and i want it to stay that way.

I still hope Jack is Nadia's father. I think those who say that would destroy Jack and Sydney's relationship are mistaken. Jack has a tremendous capacity to love. So does Sydney. I think if Nadia is Jack's, it would add another layer to his character. It would be interesting to see him try to forge a relationship with her. It would also be interesting to see Sydney cope with her father having another person to protect. She has had him all to herself all of her life. She may learn to appreciate him more. There may be some kind of sibling rivalry to deal with. I did love the Jack-Nadia interactions this season. Especially the one when he brushed back her hair tenderly when he woke her from the coma. I also noticed that when Nadia went to Sloane after his dream reveal, in "In Dreams", and called him Dad, Jack looked so hurt.

"She has had him all to herself all of her life" that not true! Sydney bearly knows him. He hasn't been there for Sydney before now. In the intro of season one she says "Only one other person knows the truth about what I do, another double agent inside sd-6, someone I hardly know, my father."

jack said:
[post="1394603"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

What about the problems of having Jack being Nadia's father do to Ron Rifkin's character? Taking away Arvin's reason for redemption takes away his humanity. The "benefit" of making Jack the father of Nadia is far outweighed by the negative effects of how it effects Arvin.

A merely evil Sloane is boring as a character and limiting to an actor of Ron's ability. An evil Arvin destroy's his relationship with Jack and Syd. An evil Sloane would lose his ability to interact with anyone on the show other than as their target.

The people who endorse Jack as Nadia's father seem to forget that everyone involved with the show saw that having Sloane as evil was a problem because he had no interaction with Jack and Sydney that way. He was an isolated character with no room for growth. It was actually brilliant of JJ creating the character of Nadia as the way to enable Sloane's redemption and his way of interacting with the rest of the cast. :grad:

Alias is about Sydney, Jack and Arvin's interaction. To minimize Sloane's part is to destroy one of the foundations of the show. That is unfathomable.

Keep Arvin and Jack fathers of their own daughters. (y)

What about the problems of having Jack being Nadia's father do to Ron Rifkin's character? Taking away Arvin's reason for redemption takes away his humanity.
He'd still love Nadia but it would have an edge of sadness to it. I think that would be far more interesting than what we've been given with the Sloane/Nadia relationship.

The only interesting thing with Sloane not being Nadias father after all, is that then i proberbly will be evil again. he said that Nadia change him and everything. But if she really isn't is daugther why be good ? :P

I hope that Nadia remains Sloane's daughter.

He hasn't been there for Sydney before now. In the intro of season one she says "Only one other person knows the truth about what I do, another double agent inside sd-6, someone I hardly know, my father
I think that Jack has always been there for Syd, just in the background. I think he watched her from a distance. I don't think that he knew how to interact, but now that is changing, which is good. She has always been his #1 focus. Always. If Jack is Nadia's father, then Syd won't be his #1 focuse as she has been. Of course, I still think that Nadia is Sloane's daughter.

I wish that Nadia was Jack's daughter with Sydney instead of being creepy Sloanes. That would be a weird twist if they put in season5!!!

I absolutly love the bit in "30 Seconds" when Jack tells Nadia "Sloane isn't the only family you have, you know." That summs up Nadia and Jack's relationship perfectly. I believe Jack loves Nadia as much as he loves Sydney and he wants to protect her. I think Nadia slowly adapts to Jack and I think she respects him quite a bit.

I can't help but see them as father and daughter. There's no way that I can believe Irina gave birth to Sloane's child and that little comment about being exceptional is the definite proof of it.

Back