Searching For Truth

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Hey everyone! Here is my new fic I hope u like it.
Disclaimer: Sadly I dont own Syd, Vaughn, Weiss, Jack, Irina, Nadia or any other Alias character that float through.

Summary/Introduction:
Sydney Bristow, a woman in her late 20s, is going through a rough patch in life. She seeks solace in becomming a nanny to Sam, a three month old infant. Her employer, Michael Vaughn, is a single father struggling with juggling parenting and his career as a cardiac surgeon. All is not as it seems though because Sydney is hiding something. She has a secret that haunts her and no one, not even her family, knows about it. Sydney desparatly wants to move forword but her past makes it difficult for her. Michael is also hidding something from everyone, something he desparatly wants to keep to himself. But there is something about Sydney that makes him very curious....

A/N before we begin: as I'm planning now this story will take place over 2 years - so its gonna be a long one folks ;)
also updating will kinda be not very frequent cuz im SO busy with school (n)

ETA: i forgot to say that this is definatly going to be PG-13 - not in the beginning really but towards the end cuz of the subject matter - ull see ;)
and now...

Chapter 1

Sydney shivered from the cold, took a deep breath, smoothed her long black skirt and blue blouse, tucked her brown hair behind her ear, and rang the doorbell. This house is huge, she thought to herself as she starred up at the immense stone home.
“May I help you?” A woman in a maid’s uniform asked when she opened the door.
“Yes, my name is Sydney Bristow; I’m here for the interview.”
“Come in please,” she said curtly. Sydney stepped into the cavernous foyer. An elegant chandelier hung above her, oriental rugs with rich colors lined the hardwood floors, and pictures adorned the walls. As Sydney gaped at the walls, the maid was staring at her impatiently.
“May I take your jacket miss?”
“Oh yes of course,” Sydney said as she slipped off her warm coat and scarf and handed them to the woman.
“Follow me please.” The maid said walking down the hall to a door directly in front of them. She knocked.
“Come in” a male voice called. The maid opened the door and said:
“A Miss. Bristow to see you sir.”
“Great, send her in.”
Sydney entered the room and stood cautiously just inside the door, taking in her surrounding. This office was very elegant just like the rest of the house. A very handsome man was sitting behind a large oak desk. He stood, walked toward her, and extended his hand. “Hi, I’m Dr. Michael Vaughn.”
“Sydney Bristow, nice to meet you.” She said shaking his hand nervously.
“Please have a seat” he told her as he went back behind his desk. Sydney sat in one of the large leather chairs in the center of the office.
“So let me give you the company line, so to speak” Michael began. “Basically I am a very busy cardiovascular surgeon who doesn’t have as much time as he wishes to spend with his infant daughter. I don’t want her to have to spend her life in day care and since I’m alone and my parents live far away I don’t exactly have any other choice but to hire a nanny. I need someone who is qualified and enjoys spending time with children. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?”
“Well I graduated with a degree in English and I worked at a newspaper for a year but then I decided that I really wanted to be a professor so I am currently trying to obtain my master’s degree in British literature.”
“Oh that’s very interesting. Do you have any children of your own?”
“No,” Sydney shook her head.
“Ok, so are you married?”
“No, I’m not.”
“So why do you feel you are qualified for this particular job?” Michael asked.
“I love kids. I’ve babysat kids of many ages. Babysitting was my job all through high school and undergraduate school. Because of my babysitting jobs I’m CPR certified.”
“Well um...” he was interrupted by the sound of a baby crying. Michael picked up the baby monitor and said, “Oh I need to... Why don’t you come with me?”
Sydney nodded and followed him back out into the foyer and up the grand staircase. He entered a room near the top of the stairs. This room was dripping in soft pink and yellow tones. An old-fashioned rocking chair sat next to a crib on the one side of the room. There was also a changing table, chest of drawers and another chair in the room.
The room was fairly dark; only illuminated by a small night light in the shape of an angel. Sydney watched as Michael walked over to the crib and said in a very hushed tone
“Hey Sam did you have a nice nap?”
Sydney stepped cautiously toward the crib. Across the end hung a beautiful pink blanket with the white letters SAV embroidered on it. Sydney traced the letters with her fingers.
“Her name is Samantha Anastasia Vaughn, Sam for short,” Michael, who was now cradling Sam in his arms, told her. “She was born October first. Would you like to hold her?” He asked.
“Sure,” Sydney said setting her purse down on a nearby chair and gently taking the infant. Sam continued to cry for a moment but then suddenly stopped while Sydney was saying “Aren’t you a beautiful girl,” in a soft motherly tone. Sydney held Sam tightly and gently rocked her back and forth.
“That’s amazing.” Michael sighed.
“What?” Sydney asked looking up at him.
“Sam never takes to anyone. She always cries when people hold her. Strange...” Michael’s voice drifted off as he gazed at Sydney holding his child. There was something about her that was familiar, but he could not put his finger on it.
“There she stopped crying,” Sydney said handing her back to Michael. As soon as Michael went to pick her up Sam started crying again. Michael backed off and let Sydney continue holding her; Sam stopped crying. Michael laughed, “Um well I guess she likes you.”
“I guess she does” Sydney said rubbing one of Sam’s tiny hands with her finger. Sam blinked sleepily and then closed her eyes.
“Well I think this means you’ve got the job.” Michael smiled.
“Great, thanks!” Sydney said.
“Come on I’ll give you a tour of the house,” Michael told Sydney. Sydney went to put Sam back in her crib but Michael stopped her. “No, bring her with you.”
Sydney nodded and followed Michael out the door. Michael waked to the room directly across the hall. “This will be your room, very close to the nursery.” Michael said as he opened the door to reveal a small, bare room which only contained a double bed, table and chairs and a chest of drawers. “The bathroom is just around the corner,” Michael said as he went back out into the hallway.
“My room is down there incase you need me for some reason.” He said gesturing toward the opposite end of the house. “Now these stairs go directly down into the kitchen. So here we have the kitchen/breakfast area/sun room. Over there is the laundry room which goes directly into the garage. On the other side of the house there is the family room and of course my office. Then the front of the house, as you saw, has the library and the dinning room. I believe that is it, well except for the basement but only part of it is finished. And it’s just a game room.”
Sydney nodded and walked over to the glass French doors which lead out to the back yard from the sun room. She saw a concrete deck and patio which lead out to the large backyard. “Oh you have a pool” she observed. It was only when Sam began to move her arms and legs that Sydney remembered she was crying her. Sam was nearly asleep before but now she was wide awake and moving her limbs rapidly.
“I see somebody is finally awake.” Michael said taking Sam. “Oh! And she needs changed too.” He laughed as he went back upstairs; Sydney followed. “So this is Friday, can you maybe have your things moved in on Sunday?” Michael asked as he layer Sam down on the changing table.
Sydney stood in silence for a moment. She hadn’t realized she would have to move into this house.
“Miss Bristow?” Michael asked.
“Oh sorry I was thinking Mr. Vaughn. Yes, Sunday will be fine. How about around noon?”
“Ok. We’ll see you then” He smiled. Sydney walked out the door and down the front steps.
“Uh Miss Bristow,” Michael called after her. “You forgot this.” He said hold out her purse.
“Oh sorry,” She said running back up the steps and taking her purse. “And you can call me Sydney.”
“Ok see you Sunday, Sydney.”
Sydney grabbed her coat and scarf from the maid and stepped out into the frigid air. I guess this is for the better she thought as she drove home. I mean this way I will be away from all those terrible memories. Besides I shouldn’t be living with my sister still... I should be out on my own.

Please R&R
And say if you want a PM or on the addicts list (yeah i know its early but i think there are already 3 ppl on it :P :rolleyes: )

OK, I´m first and I love it! :P
This plot is amazingly :eek: I already love it! :blush:
I want be the first addict! :woot:
Can I get a PM too? :rolleyes:
Thanks for PMing me that you have a new story! ;)
I really really love :love: it although it´s just the beginning, but I promise I will stick around and reply to every update! :angelic:

Muse

i love it i want a another pm!!!!!!!!!!
vaughn has a cool house i want it.
if it came with him that would be nice to

Ok you SO have to keep me on your PM list!
I love this first chapter, there is so many things that are... how can I say that?.... so weird? No, there is so many things we need to know!!!!!
Why Sydney wants to move out?
Who is her sister?
Where are her parents?
IS Jack CIA?
Why Vaughn is a dingle father?
Who's Sam's mother?
What Sydney is hidding?

It was really great, so please post more soon

Thanks

wow thanks guys :blush:
most of those quesions will be answers shortly - some wont be :angelic:

Addicts list
1. Shelby
2. German Muse

PM list
sfs&v
German Muse
jgmvlover
ashqua
hannahb

ok Janet....first of all....what the heck is Syd hiding? i think you mentioned something about it in youre other fic....but i cant remember what...arg...had to do with her having a kid maybe?!?!?! yes?? no????
also...Carolyns gonna get mad, lol....she siad she wanted to be your first addict, lol....in your older fic..hehehehehe.....
OH YEAH...PLEASE keep on pming me!!!! and can i be on the addicts list?!?!?! maybe my USAUL number? lol....ya remember what it is right??

That was great ... love it ... they have the same initals hehe well exacpt for the last one but that could cange hehe ... ohh want to know what they are hiding ... please PM me when you update ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

P.S. love your banner

shotput25ash said:
ok Janet....first of all....what the heck is Syd hiding? i think you mentioned something about it in youre other fic....but i cant remember what...arg...had to do with her having a kid maybe?!?!?! yes?? no????
also...Carolyns gonna get mad, lol....she siad she wanted to be your first addict, lol....in your older fic..hehehehehe.....
OH YEAH...PLEASE keep on pming me!!!! and can i be on the addicts list?!?!?! maybe my USAUL number? lol....ya remember what it is right??
[post="1026134"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

shhhhhhhh! Ash ur gonna ruin it for everyone!!!!
and yes carolyn did say that but shelby has rights to be #1 addict in all my fics since she is my beta and my little fan club starter
and ur #24 right?

Addicts list
1. Shelby
2. German Muse
-
-
-
-
24. shotput25ash

PM list
sfs&v
German Muse
jgmvlover
ashqua
hannahb
shotput25ash

Alwazabrat said:
That was great ... love it ... they have the same initals hehe well exacpt for the last one but that could cange hehe ... ohh want to know what they are hiding ... please PM me when you update ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

P.S. love your banner
[post="1026136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

thanks about the banner ^_^
and yes the same initials i did that on purpose

sexcivaughan14 said:
JANET! I WAS PROMISED THE NUMBER ONE ADDICT SPOT! IM INSULTED! LOL! and of course i want a PM...amazing, as always! :smiley:
[post="1026144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i know carolyn im sorry! but i didnt get to tell you that i promised shelby could alwasy be the #1 addict
you can be like ash and pick the number addict you want to be if u'd like

shotput25ash said:
HEY!!!! i was rigth!!!! awesome!! ok, ill shut up now, lol.....
and yeha..24 THANK YOU!
[post="1026146"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

please do :P

Addicts list
1. Shelby
2. German Muse
-
-
-
-
24. shotput25ash

PM list