The Sweetest Thing

Just had a little idea, so I thought I would start a new fic..if you like it, I will continue with updates. So reviews are very welcomed and accepted.

Disclosure: I own nothing, except for shoes. These characters are based on the brilliant writing of JJ Abrams. So please don’t sue me!!!

Chapter 1

I always thought when I arrived in America to start college at Stanford that I would immediately want to join a fraternity. Which I did. I have been a member of the Phi Betta Kappa brotherhood since my sophmore year. At first I loved it. Endless parties, girls everywhere, occassionaly studying, and friends that would do anything for you. That is how I saw it at first. Now looking back, I have found that it is not as glamorous as I made it out to be. The parties get old, the girls are all the same, and not much studying is done anymore. Most of the brothers are completely self involved. Well except for my best friend Eric Weiss. He is a year above me, he took me under his wing during my rush period with an unstoppable sense of humor. Every fraternity has an Eric Weiss. He doesn’t have much luck with the ladies, but keeps the parties going. He is always there to give me advice when I need it, and in the past I have surely needed his help.

I am currently single again. My last girlfriend, Sam, turned out to be a total flake. We dated for 3 months, abut she could never hold a conversation with me, she always had to be partying, or drunk. That life was not for me. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy partying from time to time, but some of these people do it everynight. So here I sit in my room, another party scheduled for tonight. Mandatory attendance is required by my “brothers.” It is supposed to be a Hawaiian themed party. Everyone has to wear something Hawaiian and get “leid” when they enter the house. I have on some blue board shorts and a hawaiian shirt. I decided to make my hair extra spikey tonight. I hope to meet a girl tonight. Although, the same type of girls always come to these things, and the same girls aren’t attractive to me.

I now make my way downstairs to the party that is well under way. It is after 9 already, I finished my Chemistry paper and feel good about letting go a bit tonight. Unlike some of my brothers I care about my school work. This isn’t an inexpensive school, and I am lucky to be able to attend such a university. When I get downstairs, the house is thumping with loud music, and the smell of sex and alcohol linger in air. The living room, and back yard patio are decorated in multi colored christmas lights, and fake palm trees. I make my way over to the keg and begin to poor myself my first beer of the night. Eric Weiss slaps me on the back, trying to get my attention.

“Ouch man. Take it easy. That hurt.” I said.

“You are such a pansy. You have to take a hit off the beer bong before you are allowed to poor yourself a drink.” he says, seeming already a bit drunk.

“Ok, fine. Let’s get this over with.” I said.

I took the hit off the beer bong, and felt the rush of alcohol spread through my veins. I don’t like to feel much beyond that first rush of feeling tipsy, but sometimes it is out of a guys control, especially with peer pressure. I am 22 years old afterall. Now is the time of my life.

“Mike, man, there are some hotties here tonight.” Eric said.

“Really? I haven’t seen anything new as of yet. We got your sl** section over there, book worm section, sorority section, and then the just plain stuck up section over there. Nothing new.” I said.

Just as I said that my eye caught a girl enter the party, and I can honestly say my breath hitched in my throat for a second. I definitely have never seen this girl before. She walked in with a tall guy with blondish hair and blue eyes, and a pretty black girl. They immediately went to the dance floor, and started to dance around freely. She was mouthing the words loudly to the song “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stephani, and grinning with the most amazing dimples I have ever seen. I told myself then, I needed to meet her before this night was over. She looked amazing in her outfit. She had on a white mini skirt, flip flops and a turquoise halter top baring just a sliver of her mid-drift. She had long chestnut colored hair, with loose curls falling gently on her shoulders, and a white flower tucked into her hair on the right side of her head. She was breathtaking. As I stood dumb founded watching her, I saw one of my brothers approach her to talk. Julian Sark. I have always had a distaste for him. He is a total slime bag when it comes to women. He actually asked a girl once if he could call her a cab while he was still inside her.

He has no respect for women, and I could see he was already working his charms on her. She was smiling back at him, and he was smiling at her. If I am going to talk to this girl, I need to do it fast, or she will be his next victim. Suddenly I noticed he was walking in my direction heading towards the keg. I saw him fill two glasses with beer, then he turned his back to me for a second, and headed back over to her. He handed her the beer, and she drank it happily. I watched them flirt for about a half hour, and I noticed that she was acting strangely since she started drinking that beer. Then it hit me. He put something in her drink. I saw him start to lead her upstairs towards his room. I know that I will probably get kicked out of the fraternity for doing this, but I had to stop him from ruining that poor girls life. She seemed so innocent when she walked in. Unaware of the beauty she possessed, and I feel the urge to protect her, and I can’t figure out why.

“Eric, you will have to excuse me, I have to go take care of something.” I told Eric.

“Sure man. When you come back, you need to take another hit off of the beer bong though, chicks are hot!!” he yelled incoherently.

“Take it easy on the beer Weiss.” I warned him.

I made my way upstairs, to Julian’s bedroom, I couldn’t hear any struggle or anything, so I decided to quietly peek my head in. Just to make sure she was ok. I was not prepared for what I saw when I opened the door.

The girl was passed out on the bed, Julian had her shirt ripped open, and was taking her panties off when I walked in.

“What the hell are you doing Julian?” I asked him sternly.

He was a snob, and arrogant, but in a fight, I knew athletically I could wipe the floor with him. So I confidentally marched towards him.

“Get out of here you French ***hole. I have business to attend to.” he said in a snotty tone.

“Like what, raping a girl passed out cold? I saw you put something in her drink. Now get off of her.” I told him.

“Go to hell.” he said.

I pulled him off of her, and proceeded to punch him, knocking him out cold. What a wuss. I knew it would be easy, but one punch. He looked like he was going to cry before he hit the floor with a graceful “Thud”

I covered her as best I could and picked her up off the bed and carried her to my room. I swung open the door, and shut it with my foot and laid her down on the bed. I turned to lock the lock on my bedroom as not to have another encounter with Julian. I pulled out my favorite Kings t-shirt, and swiftly dressed her in it, and pulled her back on the bed, and covered her with a blanket. I went into my bathroom, and got a cold wash cloth to try and get her to come to.

I leant down next to her, breathing in her intoxicating scent, and staring at her looking like a complete angel. The fact that she was wearing my King’s t-shirt was incredibly sexy to me. I began to place the cold wash cloth on her face trying to get her to come around. She flinched a little at the cold contact with her skin. Her eyes fluttered open, and then she closed them again, only for them to flutter open again. She did this on and off for about an hour. Finally she opened them, and then realized she didn’t know where she was. I saw the look of confusion on her face, and gently took her hand in mine, and tried to explain to her what had happened.

“Hi.” I said softly.

“My name is Michael Vaughn. I live here at the Phi Beta house. I saw you when you came in, and I watched Julian Sark talking to you. He put something in your drink, and I followed him to his room, and found him about to....um, well he was going to take advantage of you. That is why you are wearing my shirt, he um, sort of ripped your other shirt wide open.” I told her softly.

“What? Where is he?” she asked in a scared voice.

“I, um, I sort of punched him, and he passed out cold. I don’t know where he is right now, I just wanted to cover you up, and try to get you to come around before I dealt with him again. Are you ok?” I asked.

“Um, yeah, I think so. I mean, I remember talking to him, he was really sweet, and then he brought me a beer, and then I remember feeling very drunk. And then nothing...Oh God, I am gonna be sick.” she said bolting off the bed and running for the bathroom.

I heard the sounds of her throwing up for a few minutes, and took it upon myself to get her a drink from the small refridge my mom had bought me when I started college. I pulled out a sprite, and left it closed, so that she knew I wouldn’t try to mess with her drink.

When she came out of the bathroom, with a still pale face, but a little rose in her cheeks, I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Here, drink this, it will settle your stomach. Are you ok?” I asked her.

“Thanks. I feel better now that I threw up. What a graceful first meeting. My name is Sydney by the way, my friends call me Syd.” she told me.

“Nice to meet you Syd. I was going to come and talk to you, but then Julian approached you. I knew I should have come over sooner, I am so sorry that he did that to you. I am probably going to be kicked out of the fraternity now. The brothers don’t look kindly upon a butting into your brothers affairs, even if they are illegal. I am sure there will be a meeting about it tomorrow.” I told her.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know he was going to drug me. I just thought he was being nice. I guess that is what I get for being nice to people.” she said sadly.

“Don’t apologize. He is an ***hole. You should never apologize for being who you are. I knew you were different the moment I laid eyes on you. Are you new to Stanford?” I asked her.

I noticed a blush in her cheeks at my words. She seemed a bit shy at times, but i wasn’t quite sure how she was just yet.

“Yeah. I spent my freshman year at UW Madison Wisconsin because of a boyfriend, and it ended badly, then transferred to NYU, and I just transferred here from NYU. I decided to move back home. I live in L.A. but wanted to move to New York after High School, I found it just wasn’t for me, and my two best friends go here, so I applied for this semester, and luckily they let me in. I am majoring in Graphics and Visual Design. How bout’ you?” she asked.

“Well, I originally was going to be a lawyer, but then i changed my mind my sophmore year. I am now an architecture major. I want to design things too.” he said.

“Wow, that is cool. We both want to be designers. Listen, thank you so much for helping me tonight. It was really sweet of you. I mean, what could of...”she stopped as a tear escaped from her beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

I didn’t know why, but I felt the need to comfort her, and wrapped her into a tight hug, and began to run my hands along the length of her hair in the back. She seemed comfortable with my embrace, and we stayed like that for a while, until her tears had stopped.

“Better?” I asked her.

“Much. Thank you.” she said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and sending an electric feeling through my body.

“Good.” I told her.

“I better get back to my friends, they are probably wondering what the hell happened to me.” she said. As she stood up, she immediately felt dizzy, and began to stumble back towards the bed.

“Maybe you should stay for a little while. I will go find your friends, and tell them what happened. You just lie back, and relax, I will be right back, ok?” I told her.

“Ok. Um, Michael...seriously, thank you. You have no idea what all this means to me. I will never forget this.” she told me seriously.

“Well, I know of a way you can make it up to me.” I told her, taking my chance now to ask if I could see her again.

“Really, name it.” she said.

“Well, uh, would you like to go out for coffee or something with me sometime?” I asked her sheepishly.

“Absolutely. Anything for my guardian angel.” she said with her million dollar dimpled grin.

“Great. I will be right back. Don’t move Syd. I will get your friends, what are their names?” I asked her.

“Francie and Will.” she said.

“Got it. Be right back.” I said , unlocking the door, and closing it behind me. I made my way downstairs in search of her friends to explain why she was sitting in my bed wearing my kings t-shirt.

TBC....

If I get some replies tonight before 10pm, I will post chapter 2 tonight yet. If you like it and want me to continue that is.!!!

Thanks peeps!!

Crinx :bond: Oh yeah, and 2 more days until the BIG FINALE!!! Sorry to my Aussie friends...Channel 7 betta get it togetha over there!! I am going away this weekend, but i will promise to update all three of my fics before going if you are all very nice to me!!!!! He He!! 🎅

YES YES plz continue it! its REALLY good just like all ur other stories and can i be added to the pm list and i really hate julian sark with a passion lol thats just WRONG and who cares if he gets kicked out of the fraternity for saving an innocent woman from being rapped i mean COME ON!!! lol

This story is so freaking good!
I mean, right in the first chapter you have so much action. I mean, Sark being an as*hole and then trying to rape her...makes me want to punch his lights out...which thankfully Vaughn did.
And his Kings shirt...such hidden meaning. *heart flutters*
And they're going out for coffee and she already calls him her guardian angel!
Gosh, the title is more than just a title. It's a great way to describe this...the sweetest thing. :smiley:

Please, please, please PM me when you update! It's so good! :jump:

Riley xoxo

Please continue really soon. Loved this chapter. So glad Michael realised what was happening before Sark could do anything to Syd. So sweet the way he looked after her.

More A.S.A.P please Crinx.

PM me with the update please

You soo need to continue this ... that was great ... omg love Michael right now so glad he saved her ... hehe Eric is soo funny ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

OMG AWESOME totally continue... and i so cant wait for the finale either!! The fic is awesome so far! Please keep going, i love all your stuff! Thanks for the pm!!

Thanks for the reviews...and as promised..Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I made my way downstairs to try and find Sydney’s friends. I spotted them still dancing on in the living room. I made my way over to them, and they both seemed a little drunk. So I made an effort to tell them what happened, and to let them know where Syd is. Francie ran up to my room to check on her, while Will asked me where to find this Julian fellow. I explained to him that I already took care of it, and that things would be fine. I told him that Syd is ok, and she is in my room, relaxing a bit, because the drug he gave her made her a little sick. He seemed to calm a little, but seemed a little jealous that i was taking care of her.

Francie made her way back down to us after checking on Syd.

“She told us to go home without her. She says she needs to rest a bit before making it home. She said she trusts you. I trust you will get her home safely?” Francie asked me.

“I will. I promise. Cross my heart.” I told her and flashed her a dimpled smile.

“Thank you, Michael is it?” she said.

“Yes, Michael, Michael Vaughn.” I told her with my best Sean Connery accent. I managed to get a chuckle and a huge smile out of her, and a sideways glance from Will, and they were on their way.

Syd’s POV

I am laying in the bed of a man I barely know. The thoughts of the things that transpired here tonight have my mind racing. I take in the surroundings of the room. His bed smells refreshing like Abercrombie cologne, and soap. It is a clean refreshing smell, and I love how it lingers on my senses. He has hockey trophies on his book case, a drafting desk with a laptop side table adorne the left side of his room. His room is actually very tidey considering a college student lives here. I notice there is a picture of him with what I assume are his parents on his High School graduation day on the shelf to my left. I curl back up under the blankets and sigh as I try to calm my racing thoughts. I don’t know why I told Francie to leave me here, I just felt safe here. I felt that he would take good care of me. So I told her to leave, and not to worry. The door creaked open and I jumped a bit, hoping it wasn’t that Julian ass.

I was relieved to see Michael’s smiling face. He walked in tentatively, his eyes conveying his concern. I smiled back at him to let him know it was ok to come closer.

He sat down on the bed next to me, and we sat staring at each other quietly for a moment. For a reason that i have yet to understand, I leaned forward and pulled him into a hug. He willingly responded to my advances, and wrapped his strong arms around me.

“Hey, you ok?” he whispered in my ear.

“Yeah, I just, I don’t know why I am hugging you, but I just feel safe with you. I am sorry if I am making you uncomfortable.” I said.

“No not at all, strangely it doesn’t feel uncomfortable at all. It actually feels good, and I don’t mean that in a sexual way at all. I haven’t, um, been with a woman like this for a while. I feel safe with you too.” he replied softly.

We held each other for a while, before I pulled back. I ran my finger along his jaw line, and felt the curve of the dimple in his chin. When I made eye contact with him, still being close to him, I noticed he had the most adorable piercing green eyes. They bore into my soul, and for a second we just sat there, examining each other’s faces. Again, something came over me, and I leaned in to gently brush my lips against his, hoping he would return my affections. He was tentative, and I started to pull back, thinking I had just made a huge mistake. As I began to pull back, he lunged forward and crashed his lips into mine, returning the kiss I gave him, with a sweetness I have never felt. My whole body was humming from his touch. I barely know him, and I am in his bed, kissing him. Finally after a few seconds, he pulls back, and gently strokes my cheek with his hand.

“Syd, I don’t know what it is that brought us together tonight. But I am so glad that I met you. I can’t wait to learn more about you. You should probably get some sleep though. Unless you are feeling up to going home. I can walk you to your dorm.” he said.

“Vaughn, I am glad I met you too. I would love it if you could walk me home, I don’t feel comfortable walking by myself after what happened here tonight.” I told him.

“First of all, you just called me Vaughn, by my last name, which I think sounds kind of sexy when you say it. Second, I wouldn’t dream of letting you go alone. Whenever you are ready, we can leave.” he told me.

“Can we just, stay here for a bit. I don’t want to leave just yet. Do you think you could just lie here with me, and hold me for a while?” I asked him.

“Sure. If you want me to. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable, or that you have to do anything.” he said geniunely.

“I trust you.” I told him.

We spooned in together on his bed, and I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me tight against him. He rubbed small circles on my hand as we laid there in silence for a bit, listening to the still thumping music coming from downstairs. In all the chaos downstairs, we were in a strangely quiet alternate universe of our own.

“You smell really good.” I told him.

“So do you. You have no idea.” he said back.

“Thanks!” I said.

“So, you play hockey i take it?” I asked.

“Yeah, since I was little. It is one of my passions in life.” he said.

“That’s great. I love hockey. I was a soccer player in High School, the concepts are similar, so maybe you can teach me to play sometime.” I told him

“I’d love to. Can you skate?” he asked.

“Only on figure skates. But yeah, I guess I can skate.” he said.

“Well hockey skates are even easier to skate on, they support your ankles more, so I think you will do just fine. By the way, I like soccer too. I can just picture you in your cute little soccer uniform. You probably looked adorable.” he said making me blush slightly.

I decided to turn in his arms, so that I could face him, while we were talking. We were getting to know each other, and I felt that we should have some eye contact while doing so. When i turned into him, he pulled me closer to him, and I snuggled into his chest. When I needed to make eye contact, he would allow me to lift my head from my perch on his well defined pectorial muscles.

“So are you from LA?” I asked him.

“Actually I am from France. I moved here when I was 18. My mother is french, my father is american. I speak English and French. But since I have been here for 4 years, my French has taken a back burner.” he told me.

“Yeah, your english is perfect, I never would have known. I think French is one of the sexiest and most romantic languages in the world.” I told him.

“Really? Do you speak it at all?” he asked me.

“Yes, quite fluently, and I also speak Spanish. So I speak 3 languages fluently. My dad made me learn. He works for the CIA. So, he was always trying to get me to excell in things that he excelled in. He actually speaks like 12 languages. It is amazing.” I told him.

“Your dad sounds amazing.” I said.

“He is very dedicated to his job, but since my mom died, he hasn’t been real connected with his emotions, and since I am a spitting image of my mother, I was one of the things that he shut out of his life. Things have gotten better since I started college. We try to get together for dinners and such to catch up.” I told him.

“I’m sorry about your mom. When did she die?” he asked me.

“When I was 5. Car accident. Drunk driver.” I told him.

“I’m so sorry.” he said.

“Don’t be, it’s ok, it was a long time ago. I try not to think about it, I just try to remember her like she was you know?” I told him.

“Yeah, that is an optimistic view. I like that. You are so different from the girls I usually meet at these parties.” he told me.

“Really? How so?” I asked curiously.

“Well, for starters, you are breath takingly beautiful. And not in that superficial way that most girls around here are. You are beautiful, yet you don’t seem to be aware of it. Also, you seem to have an optimistic view on life. I like that. Your life energy bounces off of everyone around you. I felt it the moment you walked in the room tonight. It was like you were a magnet drawing me to you, and I noticed a lot of guys having the same reaction just by you being near them. I also like that you are bold, yet shy at the same time. You have been through a lot, and you haven’t let it taint you. You seem resolved, and focused on what you want out of this life. Should I go on?” he asked.

I had tears in my eyes from the words he just spoke. I felt like he could see right into my soul, and I have never met a man that has said something like that to me after knowing me for two hours. I was so taken back from what he said, I didn’t realize that i sat there silent for over 5 minutes.

“You ok?” he asked.

“Huh? Yeah, I’m fine. I just, I have never had someone say things like that to me, and I guess it took me by surprise.” I lifted my head off his chest to stare into his beautiful green orbs, I felt a warm tingle go through my body, and I think he felt it too, cause he leaned down, and kissed me so tenderly and sweet that i thought for a minute I was going to pass out in his arms. My head began to feel so light, and all I saw was white all around. For a minute, I think I found what heaven felt like. Just for a minute, he had put me there.

TBC...

Way too fluffy? I am PMSing so, I may be a little too sappy.At any rate, I hope you like it..Let me know what you think!

Crinx

So awesome! That was in no way too fluffy, there is no such thing as too fluffy! i love fluffy lol!
Neway, u had better put me on that pm list, cos its so so good!!

That was great ... love that Syd trusts him enough to stay ... and that they are so comfortable around each ... hehe she called him Vaughn ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

omg!!!
love it!!
s/v are so cute!!
way to go vaughn for beating up sark!! he deserved it!! vaughn might've as well killed him!!
great job!!
and update soon!!
and pm me please!!

Back