Oblivious Living

Ok i have written the first chapter of a new story. I would love it if you all let me know what you think

Of course the usual disclaimers are there: Everything belongs to the genius of the man JJ Abrams.

Chapter One

Life for Michael Vaughn was on its way to being normal again, well as normal as possible considering he was a secret agent working for the CIA. He had the love of his life back and even though they were taking things extremely slow he was happy he still he had her back and that’s all that mattered, Michael Vaughn wasn’t about to let anything come between himself and Sydney Bristow - that was until……….

Sydney walked through her front door accompanied by Vaughn
“Man after all these years I still love the Zamboni..”

“But is coming home with me still the best part?”

“Oh I don’t know, that Zamboni was pretty amazing tonight”

Sydney and Vaughn laughed and lapsed into a comfortable silence.

“Did you want a coffee?” Sydney asked

“I’d love one”

Vaughn watched as Sydney efficiently began making the coffee, Sydney noticed him staring

“What?” She asked smiling

“Nothing, it’s just you’re so beautiful”

“Stop” Sydney said blushing

Vaughn opened his mouth to reply when his phone rang,
“Hold that thought” He said as he answered the phone “Vaughn”

Vaughn listened, looked at Sydney and then promptly left the room. Sydney didn’t think much of it and continued making the coffee – they would need it for what the night held in store for them. Things were finally beginning to be normal again in their relationship after the year before Sydney and Vaughn were finally beginning to find the kind of relationship they had before Lauren.

Vaughn walked back into the room slowly a shocked look on his face.

“Vaughn are you ok?” Sydney asked worried

“She’s dead”

“Who’s dead?”
“She had a child?”

“Who had a child? Vaughn you’re not making sense.”

“Alice”

I love kids really - i just want a baby to take home look after and then when it cries give it back. i always seem to have kids in my story. please tell me how this or what i could do better????
**emma

thanks for all your feedback

Chapter 2

“Vaughn, what do you mean Alice had a child? You’re not making sense, whose child is it?” Sydney continued to ask

Vaughn answered simply
“Mine”

What?”

Sydney slumped down onto her couch followed by Vaughn.

“I just don’t understand how this is possible? You were with Alice years ago that is unless you……”

“No I didn’t cheat on Lauren if that’s what you’re asking. Michelle is four years old.”

“Michelle?”

“Yeah”

Sydney became very silent.

“Syd, say something anything, please?” Vaughn pleaded

“Vaughn we were together four years ago” Sydney said quietly

“I know”

“Vaughn is there something you’re not telling me”

“Sydney, what type of person do you think I am?”

“Well I don’t know what to believe. I don’t know who you are anymore? You have a daughter Vaughn!”

“Sydney are you implying that I knew about Michelle? Because if you are you are sadly mistaken. I had no idea about her, I have never laid eyes on her and I don’t know what the hell to do about it. Her mother is dead. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“Well I think we both need some time to think about what has happened.”
“No Sydney…”

“I think it would be best if you went now”

“Sydney don’t do this, don’t shut me out, not again”

“Vaughn….Michael…..please just go.”

Vaughn slowly stood up, a pained look on his face as he looked at Sydney, she wouldn’t look at him. Quietly he left her apartment.

Michael Vaughn spent the rest of the night lying awake in bed. No matter what he did he couldn’t fall asleep. All he could think about was the fact he had a child. As much as he hated the thought he only wished it was Sydney’s child and because Michelle was Alice’s it was putting a strain on his relationship with Sydney. Yet he knew he couldn’t continue to live his life without meeting Michelle. The funeral was on Friday, he made up his mind he would go and with that issue resolved he fell into a fitful sleep.

Friday morning dawned bright and clear. Michael Vaughn awoke with a heavy heart. He hadn’t spoken to Sydney in a few days. Today was the day he would meet his daughter. Somehow calling her that seemed wrong, he didn’t know this girl yet he created her. But she wasn’t created in love – the whole time he spent with Alice was spent longing for Sydney, it seemed unfair that this girl was brought into the world without the love of both parents. He was an absent father, Something he had always been determined not to be after the loss of his father when he was young. Yet he wanted to get to know this girl, this person that he was part of.

But did it mean sacrificing Sydney for her? If there was one thing Michael Vaughn was certain of it was that he was never going to lose Sydney again. But did that mean making a choice between the love of his life and his daughter. If it was it would be an impossible decision.

He dressed in his black Armani suit, looked at himself in the mirror and said
“Well Michael. It’s now or never.”

He grabbed his keys and wallet and walked out the door. He quickly walked back in and grabbed his phone; dialing Sydney’s number he reached her voice mail. He left a brief message
“Sydney it’s Michael. I know you probably don’t want to hear this but I am going to be honest with you. I am going to Alice’s funeral today, she will be there. I want you to know that I love you, nothing is going to change that. So yeah I have to go now. Sydney please call me, I miss you.” He hung up slowly, locked up his apartment and drove to the funeral.

It seemed everywhere he looked there were families. Couples with newborn babies, families with five kids, but it seemed every family had both a Mum and a Dad, every family seemed happy. He was meeting Michelle today would they or could they ever be happy?

**emma

Chapter Three

He arrived at the church; it was just a small gathering. He sat down quietly in the back row. From his position he could see everyone there. He saw Alice’s sister Sarah and her husband and their two children.

A small child sat on the other side of Sarah and her family. She was gorgeous – blonde hair and these piercing green eyes. Michael Vaughn took a sharp intake of breath. That must her he thought, that must be Michelle.

Throughout the service he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Just knowing she was his daughter continued to astound him. The service was very sweet, very emotional. Alice had died in a hit and run car accident.

The wake was held at Sarah’s house. It was there that Sarah saw him.

“Michael”

“Sarah”

“Thanks so much for coming. It would have really meant a lot to Alice”

“Sarah, what you said on the phone. Are you sure? Is that little girl over there really mine?” Vaughn pointed towards Michelle.

“Can’t you tell? She has your eyes.”

“But I don’t understand. Why didn’t Alice say anything?”

“When Alice found out she was over the moon – ecstatic. However the day she went to tell you the good news you couldn’t focus on anything Alice had to say, apparently a woman from work had your attention that night. Many nights in fact, there didn’t seem to be a time when you were properly able to hear her out. The days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months. Until it was four months after Alice had found she was pregnant. You were so caught up with work; you didn’t notice the weight gain plus she made sure she wore concealing clothes.

The morning you broke up with her was the hardest day of her life. Yet she knew your heart belonged to someone else, that you would never love her as you loved this other woman. She knew that if she told you she was pregnant you would come back to her, probably marry her and live a relatively happy life. She knew that you wouldn’t be happy though and that’s the reason she let your relationship end and for you to move on.”

“But how could she keep from me that we had a baby? She knew how I felt about children needing to grow up with both parents” Michael proclaimed, exasperated

“Michael you would have had to have made a choice – the love of your life or your daughter. Alice just made your choice” Sarah stated calmly

“She had no right to make that choice. There were other ways” Vaughn started to become agitated.

“She made a choice, you can’t change anything. But you can become the father figure to Michelle she has always been missing.”

“Who will Michelle be living with now that Alice has passed away? And Sarah, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Alice really did mean a lot to me.”

“I think it’s best if the answer comes from Alice herself”

“What? I don’t understand?”

Sarah left the room and came back with a letter.

“I think you should sit down and read this yourself” Sarah handed him the letter and quietly left the room.

Michael sat down slowly, carefully opening the pristine white envelope with the word written simply in Alice’s meticulous handwriting – Michael.

Dear Michael,
I know that if you are reading this it means I am no longer here. Michael I know you’re angry and confused because if you’re reading this letter you will know about Michelle. I want you to know that keeping Michelle from you was the hardest decision of my life. I knew if I told you I was pregnant you would feel obligated to stay with me.
Michael I always told you to follow your heart – If you had come back to me you wouldn’t have been happy and you would have lived a life of regret. What I do regret though is having Michelle live a life without a father figure, but that is a mistake I have had to live with.
Michael I hope that you meet Michelle and love her as much as I do and I hope that you have lived your life to the full. All I ask is that you take Michelle into your home and give her a father that she has been missing. I hope that you are able to forgive me for what I did. Alice

Michael stared at the paper for a long time after reading it. Thoughts racing through his mind. Alice wanted Michelle to live with him – that was something he had not thought of. But the question would be would she want to go? Would she accept him as her father?

A few minutes later Sarah walked back into the room.
“Are you ready to meet your daughter Mr. Vaughn?”

Sarah walked out into the lounge room and came back quickly with Michelle in hand.
“Michelle honey” Sarah cooed. “Do you remember the nice man Mummy used to talk about? Mr. Michael, you’re Daddy – well sweetie this is him”

Michelle looked up at him, her eyes swollen and red from crying.
Vaughn came down to her height, “Hi” he said quietly.
Michelle looked at him again and promptly slapped his face
“I want my mummy” she began to cry as she ran off.

I love that she slapped his face even though that was mean. I hope he can have a relationship with his daughter.

Thanks for the pm.

Back