Jen-Jen
luckylass
ubielecki
KAliasGirl
~VartansGirl~
sydneymicheal
Syd89
texasalias2004

syd comes back in the next chapter - but there is more angst as i love writing it!!

Chapter Four

Vaughn stood up, completely shocked.
“She hit me.”

“Michael what were you expecting. She just lost her Mum; she most likely thinks you want to replace her. Give her some time, that’s all she needs. You can come over on the weekends and visit her as much as you want.” Sarah said gently

“That won’t be necessary”

“Michael what do you mean? I thought that you would want to be part of Shelley’s life.”

“I do. Alice wanted her to live with me. She will, Michelle will be living with me from now on.”

“But Michael, she doesn’t know you. You have no experience of being a father. Please let her live with me, she will be happier.”

“I’m her father – experience comes with the job. It’s what Alice wanted, what she wrote in the letter. I don’t want to be mean but if you fight me on this I will take you to court and I guarantee I will win.”

“I suppose if it’s what you think is best. I’ll have her bags ready for you tomorrow.”

“I have made a number of mistakes in my life, but this is something I know I won’t make a mess out of. I’ll pick her up at 11 in the morning tomorrow.”

With that he bid Sarah goodbye and left quickly. When he arrived home a red light was flashing on his answering machine. ‘Sydney’ he thought as he raced over and hit play.

“Vaughn, its Sydney” her voice came over the speaker quietly.
“I got your message – thank you for telling me where you’re going. I appreciated that. I’m sorry it has taken me awhile to talk to you. I was just in so much shock, you have a daughter and she’s not mine. I guess I forgot about your feelings, how you are coping with this news. But Vaughn, Michael I am selfish. I put my feelings before yours. I want you to know that I am going to behind you supporting you through every decision you make, but what you need to know is that it will take time. I can’t be step mum of the year straight away that would cause too much pain to me and to Michelle. I will talk to you soon – but please, just give me time but wait for me.”
The machine beeped, the message was over.

Vaughn sat down, relief filling his body. Sydney still wanted to be with him, he hadn’t lost everything after all.

He picked up the phone and called Weiss
“Yo. It’s Weiss”
“Listen buddy how do you feel about going shopping”
“How bout no. Take Sydney”
“She wants space and I am going to respect that – come on man”
“Fine, but you have to buy me doughnuts after we’re finished”
“Deal. I’ll pick you up in 10.”

Weiss and Vaughn arrived at the mall. Vaughn began walking towards the children section of the shops.
“Ahh dude, we are we going?” Weiss asked while gazing longingly at the doughnut shop.
“I have to pick up some stuff for Michelle.” Vaughn replied, dragging Weiss away.
“Oh right you mean a few dolls and stuff. Seriously Mike do you know how embarrassing that is?”
“Weiss. Shut Up. And no I have to get a bed, a chest of drawers…..”
Weiss stopped in his tracks. “Are you trying to say Michelle is moving in?”
“Yeah”
“Have you told Sydney?”
“No she said she wants space.”
“Ok Mike seriously I would be telling her. Oh and doesn’t Michelle like hate your guts and gave you a nice, loving daughter slap.”
“Yeah well let’s hope the next meeting isn’t going to turn out that way.”
“When is she moving in?”
“Tomorrow morning”
“Well good luck with that” Weiss said as he grabbed a trolley and began shopping.

Vaughn and Weiss spent the rest of the afternoon shopping, buying every thing that they could possible need for a little girl. In the bags there were lots of pink and purple colours much to the embarrassment of the guys.

Finally they had found everything they needed and were on the last register.
“Hope you and your boyfriend have a great day.” The girl on the till said to Vaughn.
“No he’s not my boyfriend, did you think that he was my boyfriend?......”
“Come on honey, we have to get home before the O.C starts” Weiss gave the lady a wink before dragging Vaughn off.

Later that evening Vaughn and Weiss put Michelle’s room together. Putting up the bed, setting up the drawers, arranging the dolls they had bought and hanging up clothes in her cupboard. Finally everything was ready for Michelle. Exhausted Weiss and Vaughn collapsed on the couch with a cold beer and flicked to ESPN.

The next morning came and it was time for Vaughn to pick Michelle up, to take her to her new home and her new life.

Arriving promptly at Sarah’s at eleven he found the house to be in a state of chaos. He could hear yelling, screaming and crying coming from inside. Cringing he realized that the yelling, screaming and crying was coming from Michelle. Knocking loudly on the door he prepared for the worst.

A harassed looking Sarah answered. “Are you sure you don’t want to change your mind?” She asked wearily
“I know it’s hard Sarah but it’s only going to get better, seriously I don’t think it could get worse.”
“Well you have the power. I’ll just go get her bags.” Vaughn waited outside until Sarah came back out carrying two large bags. She was followed by Michelle who was trying to grab the bags to stop Sarah from putting them in Vaughn’s CR-V.
“No I don’t want to go. I want to stay here.” Michelle said as tears streamed down her face.
“Come on Michelle, honey. You can come visit us anytime.” Sarah said soothingly.
“Can I visit you now?” Michelle asked as hiccups soon took over her body.
“Oh honey” Sarah said as she began to get emotional.
Michael felt a little bit uneasy with all the tears that were being shed. Sarah soon noticed his uneasiness and quickly picked up Michelle and put her in the car, buckling her up and giving her lots of goodbye kisses. Michelle continued to cry. Michael hopped in the front and slowly pulled out of the driveway.

Michelle sobs soon became silent and she stared out the window. Michael tried to make conversation but Michelle refused to answer. Eventually he gave up and put the radio on.

Once they arrived home Vaughn moved to open the door and take Michelle out.
“No” She yelled. “I can get myself out”
Moving aside he allowed her to take her seatbelt off and jump out the car. Together they walked inside; Michael took her to her new room. Upon seeing her new room her eyes lit up. For the first time he saw her smile. Her smile however was short lived when she noticed Michael smiling at her.
Frowning at him she told him to go away, to leave her alone.
Hurt and upset Michael obeyed her and quietly left her room.

Michelle stayed in her room all day. Not coming out once when Michael would call her for lunch or afternoon tea. By the time night fell Michael began to worry about her. Opening her door he found Michelle sitting on the floor, her new doll wrapped tightly in her arms with tears running down her face. His heart broke for her; she noticed him in her room and didn’t say anything. He moved towards her. Still she didn’t say anything. He crouched down beside her. Finally she opened up to him.
“I miss my Mummy.” She cried uncontrollably. Michael did the only thing he could do and enveloped her into a big hug. Michelle didn’t resist, they sat like that until her sobs subsided.
“So how about dinner?” Michael asked gently.

sorry it took so long for an update!!!!!
and sorry about the mistakes-i just wanted to get it up asap

Wow! That was good. I hope Michelle opens up to him more. And hopefully Sydney will be part of the picture soon, but I agree that she needs space and time.
Great update!

Well I guess they are off to a good start. I hope Vaughn and his daughter will develop a good relationship.

Thanks for the pm.

Back