All Things English 2!

hannah/gracie.. (whoever posted that lol!) there's a subtle difference when a teenage girl sunbathes in comparison to an old saggy person.... ;)

Haha, I know exactly what u mean about some people, why is it as soon as there is the littlest amount of sun, people put on their shorts! No wonder the sun doesn't stay around long over here, if i saw some of the legs on show, i'd go hide behind some clouds!
(and that includes mine...ewwww pasty and white currently..i need some rays!)

well its pissing it down with rain here and there are still people walking around in shorts and tshirts....we had a little bit of sun and they refuse to accept that its gone

thankfully im not THAT sad.

cute_as_candy said:
hannah/gracie.. (whoever posted that lol!) there's a subtle difference when a teenage girl sunbathes in comparison to an old saggy person.... ;)
[post="1276409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

true, not that being a teenage girl makes you so amazing to look at (!!) ;)

HAHAHAHA!!!!! I'm still on holiday...i've been off for 2 weeks already and i'm not back till next tuesday. excellent. however i am a teacher and therefore holidays aren't quite as fun....and i'm just sad.

Ok like i have a Q

Don't know if anyone here knows "A Girl Called Eddy" she's a really great American singer...

So anyway she has this song called "Golden" in which she sings "I don't need to lose you to know it's already golden" ... What does "golden" mean? I don't really understand it, well, I think she means "it's already lost/over" but I'm not shure...
and i can't find the word in a dictionary... so any insights?

well 'golden' is some grammatical something for 'gold'. for example if an egg is gold, you can say it's a golden egg. i think what she's saying in this instant, if she's talking about a relationship, is that she doesn't need to lose them cos she cos she can already see how great the relationship is. You know how some people say 'you don't know what you've got till its gone'...well i think its that she does know...so she doesn't need to lose the other person. OR i'm rambling and that made no sense...

me :D and sunglasses :lol:

Nay you are such a teacher ;)

and I was just wondering if every one here had found the list of englishness and if you wanted to add anything to it just click the link in my sig :D it's getting soooo long!!!

Back